missed your chance

TwitchyMacGee
TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
edited February 2020 in Chit-Chat
I’m curious about your missed opportunities: the ones that got away, the ground floors you didn’t get in on.

How’d it happen?
Why didn’t you shoot your shot?
Or if you did, what went wrong?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    That Amazon/Google stock tho 😞
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Now I just feel all kinda 😕😂
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Now I just feel all kinda 😕😂

I figure for every chance you take there’s one you don’t. You should share
  • DarkTwain
    DarkTwain Posts: 130 Member
    These days it's harder to even know if/when women want to be approached so I err on the side of leave her alone
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Got a chance to travel to Thailand and America but didn't end up going :(
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Once I entered in a Shakespeare competition and was to recite a soliloquy and a sonet... I nailed the soliloquy but blew the sonet and I knew it.

I just flat out didn't prepare well enough, chose the most recognized one, because I already new part of it and didn't take the time I should have to memorize the rest...

There was probably about 20-30 people entered, and all the others were pretty convinced I would rank top 3... But I knew better, my sonet performance was pretty half *kitten* and there was no way these judges would award me when I clearly struggled to recall the lines on stage...

They didn't and it was a learning experience... Fail to prepare, prepare to fail... Although I had a lot of fun...

Darling buds of may? 😊
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Got a chance to travel to Thailand and America but didn't end up going :(

What kept you from it?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    iMago wrote: »
    she drunk dialed and i didn't go over there
    Probably ugly anyway
  • TwitchyMacGee
    This_far wrote: »
    The opportunities I missed pain me far more than any mistake I ever made.

Sort of vague. Can you give us an example?
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member

Two . Had an opportunity to go in on a property in Brooklyn when I was in my 20s. I didn't because I was afraid of the risk. Don't know that it would've been successful but hate that I didn't try. Second is out of the blue I met my ex, the woman I loved on a city bus. She told me she was engaged and we talked. I got off at my stop . I don't know why. Cowardice? I of course should've gone all Say Anything with a boom box and professed everything I felt and taken my shot. I didn't. I got of the bus. Twenty years later and still hate myself
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited February 2020

Two . Had an opportunity to go in on a property in Brooklyn when I was in my 20s. I didn't because I was afraid of the risk. Don't know that it would've been successful but hate that I didn't try. Second is out of the blue I met my ex, the woman I loved on a city bus. She told me she was engaged and we talked. I got off at my stop . I don't know why. Cowardice? I of course should've gone all Say Anything with a boom box and professed everything I felt and taken my shot. I didn't. I got of the bus. Twenty years later and still hate myself

Definitely should have gone into real estate. Brooklyn boomed
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member

Definitely should have gone into real estate. Brooklyn boomed

No joke. Billy burg. North 10th Street.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Once I entered in a Shakespeare competition and was to recite a soliloquy and a sonet... I nailed the soliloquy but blew the sonet and I knew it.

I just flat out didn't prepare well enough, chose the most recognized one, because I already new part of it and didn't take the time I should have to memorize the rest...

There was probably about 20-30 people entered, and all the others were pretty convinced I would rank top 3... But I knew better, my sonet performance was pretty half *kitten* and there was no way these judges would award me when I clearly struggled to recall the lines on stage...

They didn't and it was a learning experience... Fail to prepare, prepare to fail... Although I had a lot of fun...

Darling buds of may? 😊

And the scene where Romeo finds out he was banished 🙈
  • TwitchyMacGee

Darling buds of may? 😊

Nice! Not cliche. I would have put money that it was “but soft! What light through yonder window breaks...”
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Darling buds of may? 😊

Nice! Not cliche. I would have put money that it was “but soft! What light through yonder window breaks...”

...... that light is usually from the Police Helicopters

Stop deflecting. Tell us a story.