Aloe vera

Options
amandaeve
amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
My aloe Vera plant has gotten too big. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do with it? Recipes for food or cosmetics?

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I really like to just chill the legs and then when I need it, apply it topically to skin or hair.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When my aloe vera plant grows too large, I like to cut them and freeze them and I put some of the liquid into my mini ice cube tray.

Then I use the tiny cubes on my face as a mask after cleansing and before using my toner. I also use it for skin irritations (cuts, burns etc.)

Sometimes I use some of the younger chunks in my protein smoothies and also I make homemade shampoo with it.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    When my aloe vera plant grows too large, I like to cut them and freeze them and I put some of the liquid into my mini ice cube tray.

Then I use the tiny cubes on my face as a mask after cleansing and before using my toner. I also use it for skin irritations (cuts, burns etc.)

Sometimes I use some of the younger chunks in my protein smoothies and also I make homemade shampoo with it.

Can you share your shampoo recipe?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »

Hopefully, you won't have an unsuspecting guest plop a few of these into their drink. :p