How often should you weigh yourself?

Options
Robbo1717
Robbo1717 Posts: 2 Member
When is best to check your weight progress weekly, fortnightly or monthly?

Replies

• ericatoday1
    ericatoday1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    However often as you'd like.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think monthly is reasonable
    I waited a year and gained 13 pounds..so I dont suggest that....
  • Hotcups
    Hotcups Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week (Wednesday & Saturday) and do my measurements once a month.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I weighed myself every morning. Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I weigh myself once a month.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Personally I weigh / get stats every 2 weeks.

Whatever makes you the most comfortable!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I think daily is optimal.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Whatever is most useful to you and doesn't make you crazy! :) I personally think daily is good if you want to track trends but the most useful (IMO) schedule is weekly. That way enough time has passed that you can see losses, but at the same time you get early warning in case you are making yourself gain from a recent change.
  • v_ludwig
    v_ludwig Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    every monday
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I got on the scales this morning and it said "to be continued"
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but that's because if I don't, I get less diligent about tracking and keeping up with what I need to in order to not gain.

However, you do whatever seems healthy for you. Some find that weighing every day is too mentally stressful or that they start obsessing, so I get that it's not for everyone.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    However often as you'd like.

This. Moderate how you feel. If it ruins your day or your emotions rely on the scale then not often (ie. Yay I lost weight it's a good day)

If it's helpful and you know that there are fluctuations naturally then more often. But if you can't weigh some days and find yourself anxious, might have a problem and need to cool it for a while. U can use other measures like pant size of your large enough, photos if your driven by aesthetics, or measurements which are more accurate than weight in helping assess your diet.

You need to have a purpose in the weighing. If your weighing then be ready to reduce calories if for 2 weeks your weight has not gone down. If your weight goes up one day (not steadily climbing) no reason to reduce calories. Monitor if your losing weight too quickly (can cause bingeing in the long run) and eat more if your going above 2 lbs per week (depends on your starting weight tbh)
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day. Right after I wake up where I am at my lightest.
  • Flame_Grilled
    Flame_Grilled Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on a Monday morning, last time though it shouted back at me ‘one at a time’
  • blueisback7666
    blueisback7666 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning when I first wake up. At one time I was almost 500lbs. I had gastric bypass and lost a ton of weight (265lbs) Then life got in the way, I lost focus, and gained 40lbs back. January 1st I got back on track, and have lost almost 19lbs. Weighing everyday keeps me honest. I think you should weigh on a schedule that works for you.😊

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    How often? I'm not sure.

although.... and I hate to brag, but according to my bathroom scale

I've lost almost three pounds over the last five years.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Robbo1717 wrote: »

fortnightly ??

I bethink yond might beest a dram high-sighted.

Haply thee shouldst only weigheth thy lacking valor owneth self once a week 'r so?
  • backalley970
    backalley970 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Robbo1717 wrote: »

Weekly