What would happened to a 230 pound guy...

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Assuming you mean that every day this man consumed 3000 fewer calories than his TDEE, in theory at the end of two months he would weigh 110 pounds. In reality, there would eventually (and probably sooner than you think) come a point where he would find it impossible to achieve a 3000 calorie daily deficit, because his sedentary TDEE would be so low that he would have to eat nothing and still burn 500 to 1000 calories or a day, and he just wouldn't be able to do that for very long. Of course, the whole experiment could fall apart even sooner when electrolyte issues or burning of lean mass led to heart or other organ failure.

I think you mean ~180 lbs (3000 x 60 / 3500 = 51.something)? Which is presumably the weight OP wants to get to.

Sorry-- for some reason I thought I could "back-of-the-envelope" it without an envelope, while multitasking prep for my second shift of the day. Thanks for fixing the arithmetic. But I stand by the rest of it. I don't think that 3000 calorie a day deficit could be maintained even down to 180, and I think the risks of serious damage are still there.