What do you think....?

Options
Ive been thinking about previous diets ive been on where i have just ate healthy and cut out junk food..... And people say you should have 1200 cals a day.
But I bet there are so many people out there who dont eat the amount of calories they should do, without even realising it as they are probably not on diet.... This is were the hole debate on having at least 1200 calories confuses me a little!......
I no friends who dont diet they just eat healthy and I know if I added up what they ate through the day would be under 1200.

So why is it so important when your on a calorie diet to have them? But if your not on a diet and not aware of it, then its ok?

Replies

• 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Its not ok either way really, your body needs enough calories and nutrients to function properly, its hard enough to get enough of what your body needs in one day from 1200 cals as it is. You just hear about it more when your dieting because if your goal is to lose weight then restricting calories will most likely stop you from getting the results you would be seeing if you were eating properly. :)
  • ccprincess
    ccprincess Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah but what im trying to get across is people who eat 3 healthy meals a day and arnt aware of having to eat 1200 otherwise there body will go into 'starvation mode' dont have any problems.

Where as if your on a low calorie diet and you know you should be eating 1200 what the difference with the person who doesnt no to the person who is on the diet?
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    ummm... they dont care because they are not on a diet?? lol People on diets goals are to lose weight... so if they are not paying attention they either dont know or dont care lol....