I’m not deterred by...

I’m a “daily weigher” but I’m not deterred by an uptick on the scale. I know I’m doing things right and I logically know I didn’t gain 2 pounds in 2 days.

There are several things that can easily deter us from our ultimate goal... what is one thing you’ve learned to not let bother you?

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    My mind trying to make excuses (16 years of excuses was enough)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Outside opinions.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,090 Member
    edited February 2020
    I am also a daily weigher, it is very helpful to learn how my body behaves after restaurant meals, exercise,... or during my cycle. If I didn't have this data, I would be very upset about gaining almost 3 lbs since the day before yesterday, now I'm just slightly annoyed :smile:
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I am also a daily weigher, it is very helpful to learn how my body behaves after restaurant meals, exercise,... or during my cycle. If I didn't have this data, I would be very upset about gaining almost 3 lbs since the day before yesterday, now I'm just slightly annoyed :smile:

Ha! In all honesty, I’m a bit annoyed too, but it’s definitely helpful information. A few years ago I lost about 60 pounds. I’ve gained back 20-25 and need to lose that, plus 15 more. Daily weighing keeps me accountable.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Also, I ate chicken fingers and chips for lunch yesterday (which may be the reason for the 2 pound uptick) instead of my pre-packed chicken cesar salad. It didn't deter me from eating a healthy dinner or otherwise throw me off my game. I wanted it, accounted for it and moved on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I've never really been emotionally invested in a number on the scale, so not much really bothers me in that regard. My goal was really to take back my health and physical fitness. After 7-8 years of this I've learned that injuries are part of the game and I don't let them get in the way of what I want to do even if it does cause a set back.
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    I’m not deterred by slow progress on the scale, I’m working on changing my habits and choices in a way that I can maintain for life 🙏
  • cms3613
    cms3613 Posts: 13 Member
    If I eat a bad meal, I tend to trash the whole day and not log. Makes tons of sense - right???? lol And that is one of many reasons I am at the weight that I am now. I can be doing so well but one trigger and it's three steps back. But here we are, another day to be better. :)
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    I’m not deterred by people trying to coax me into eating more or not working out. For whatever reason people seem to think they know how much I should weigh (exactly what I weigh now or more even though I’m still overweight) or how often I should workout (less than I want to). Most of them are even less educated on the subject than I.