Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein bars without sugar alcohols/artificial sweeteners?

2»

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    You could try RXbars. I actually enjoy the sea salt chocolate, coconut and peanut butter ones. They keep me very full too!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    You could try RXbars. I actually enjoy the sea salt chocolate, coconut and peanut butter ones. They keep me very full too!

I like: Banana chocolate walnut, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Chocolate Chip and Mint Chocolate. They aren't anything special at all and I prefer many other protein bars, but they fit the requirements you're looking for :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have seen RX bars but no one I knew actually tried them, but if Costco carries them I will def give them a try.

And yes, I could eat a ton of nuts—but I don’t have the calories for that. Plus I tend to over eat nuts. I have lower abdominal pain with eating things like homemade granola with nuts and seeds, so adding a lot to my diet on purpose won’t end well.

My son has been asking me to make “energy balls”—they sound very similar to @kshama2001 ‘s recipe (I make the kids without protein powder, mine with). But they are WAY TOO DELICIOUS and I can’t stop walking by the fridge and picking one up 😆

Definitely pick up a single bar to try before you buy a whole case of anything from Costco. Taste is very subjective...I tried one of those RX bars, and found it to be one of the most horrible things I have ever tasted.

I liked the RX bars I've tried, but since they are so expensive (do not have a Costco membership), have so few ingredients, and convenience is not a factor for me, I feel like I should be making them myself.

Does anyone have a recipe for a protein snack with egg whites?
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    I like RXbars too, only five ingredients. Another good one is Epic, good things like egg white, dates, lemon, almond, no junk.