Please help! Any advice! Keto diet!

I’ve been doing keto for 4 weeks now! I’ve been eating very clean, meats and veggies! Moderate cheese nothing extreme! I was following along with carb manager, once 3 weeks hit I hadn’t seen any weight loss so I changed it to a 35% calorie deficient! All week I’m hitting my macros, again no processed foods, I don’t add a bunch of junk to reach my fat goal, I naturally meet my macros with the food I’m eating. Primal kitchen dressing that are all natural! I am also working out, I’ve been doing insanity for 3 weeks now! I AM improving in my workouts!!!! Things I couldn’t do my first week I am now doing which is awesome! I think my clothes fit and feel better, I’m sure I get into my own head also. I did before pics but I’m really hard on myself and not sure if I see much of a difference.
I also drink a gallon of water a day sometimes more! Im honestly rarely hungry, which is a big change! So...yes I do see changes just not in my scale! I figured 4 weeks in I would budge but nada!
Has anyone ever had this happen? I’m discouraged if I should keep going with keto specifically. I’m going to keep going on my health journey but just so unsure of this keto process!!!
Any advice please!

Replies

• WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    WEIRDCITYBULLYZ Posts: 17 Member
    If your not following the keto diet please do not respond. Keto is a diet that does help weight loss so I’m unsure what your even saying. Eating meats and a lot of veggies while at a 35% calorie shouldn’t cause weight loss???? That makes no sense to me to say things I’ve mentioned won’t cause any weight loss lol.
    So ur saying eating really clean as possible doesn’t do any good?
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    And as I said, I follow carb manager that is another app where I log everything meeting my macros given..same thing as mfp🤦🏻‍♀️
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    Thank y’all. I am scaling everything, measuring everything. Which is why I’m soooo confused! I understand inches can be lost prior to anything else but I just figured by 4 weeks I would see some type of budge. And yeah, I do see changes in energy appetite and other things. I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on with the scale number! Just very frustrating!!idk why me saying eating cleaner makes everyone confused lol, Im meaning I’ve eliminated a lot of sugar and hidden sugars, etc.
    1282 are my calories, stay under 16g of carbs. I meet my carbs with green stuff.
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    edited February 2020
    If your not following the keto diet please do not respond. Keto is a diet that does help weight loss so I’m unsure what your even saying. Eating meats and a lot of veggies while at a 35% calorie shouldn’t cause weight loss???? That makes no sense to me to say things I’ve mentioned won’t cause any weight loss lol.
    So ur saying eating really clean as possible doesn’t do any good?

People also intentionally maintain and gain on Keto, it's not specifically for weight loss. It helps some people with weight loss because they find fat more satiating.

Whether you're doing Keto or not, if you're not losing weight in the longer term (i.e. 4 weeks or more) you're eating at maintenance.

Eating clean (whatever your interpretation of that is) doesn't directly cause weight loss, people can also maintain and gain doing that too.

Look at your logging, how accurate is it? It's far easier to underestimate intake with fat than with carbs/protein because it's higher calorie per gram (Fat - 9 cals per gram vs Carbs/Protein - 4 cals per gram), so if you're estimating portion sizes or using cups/measuring spoons, start weighing and you might be surprised.

0rc30wm9yt4x.jpg

Yes, I’m tracking and measuring and scaling. And I know ppl can do keto and maintain and gain, I said I was at s calorie deficient and I know I’m not at any type of maintain or gain goals so..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Thank y’all. I am scaling everything, measuring everything. Which is why I’m soooo confused! I understand inches can be lost prior to anything else but I just figured by 4 weeks I would see some type of budge. And yeah, I do see changes in energy appetite and other things. I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on with the scale number! Just very frustrating!!idk why me saying eating cleaner makes everyone confused lol, Im meaning I’ve eliminated a lot of sugar and hidden sugars, etc.
    1282 are my calories, stay under 16g of carbs. I meet my carbs with green stuff.

If "measuring" means you are using measuring cups or spoons, switch to weighing for those foods too.
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    @tinkerbellang83 no idea why it quoted u so many times lol. Sorry!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    I am scaling everything, measuring everything. Which is why I’m soooo confused!

Are you weighing or using measuring cups?

Be patient. Weight loss is never linear.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    once 3 weeks hit I hadn’t seen any weight loss so I changed it to a 35% calorie deficient

You have only been in a deficit for a week.

Give it time.
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    @kshama2001 I’ll try and switch over to both logging here as well so maybe I can see what I could possibly doing wrong or need to tweak! I agree, I switched to the 35% just this past week, prior I was at 25%! I got frustrated and went lower! Thank you!!
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    edited February 2020
    J72FIT wrote: »
    I am scaling everything, measuring everything. Which is why I’m soooo confused!

Are you weighing or using measuring cups?

Be patient. Weight loss is never linear.

I am! I feel like I’m always in the kitchen trying to make stuff perfect lol! Your right though, I just got so bummed checking my scale this morning! But I guess I need to hold on to the other good changes I’ve been noticing! It’s so hard when I see other posts like 20 pound loss in 3 weeks! Lol I’m like whatthefuuuuu 😂

• WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    @J72FIT weighing! Minus like my dressings I’ll go off tbsp etc
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Sometimes people say "I haven't lost any weight!" but then it later comes out that they "only" lost 7 lbs. when they expected more.

It could be a matter of unrealistic expectations.

It's pretty strange that after a month of Keto, the scale has shown no fluctuations at all.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Also, has your total weight loss in 4 weeks been nothing or just since you increase your deficit?

Also, you should be careful about having a very aggressive goal with intense workout. It's a good way to not recover and increase injury risk, hurt performance (which is already impacted by keto) and could also lead to this not being sustainable.
  • WEIRDCITYBULLYZ
    Sometimes people say "I haven't lost any weight!" but then it later comes out that they "only" lost 7 lbs. when they expected more.

It could be a matter of unrealistic expectations.

It's pretty strange that after a month of Keto, the scale has shown no fluctuations at all.

Exactly, very weird!!!!! Which is why I’ve cone to post here, I’ve never even posted in here before. And no I started at the same weight and am still at this same weight.
    I’m beginning to think my scale is messed up lol