Snob.

Options
I feel like I'm becoming a food snob.

Since I embarked upon my 'fitness' journey, I've tried to eat healthier food options and change up my diet and now I feel like every time I'm offered 'cheap' hotdogs or 'low-priced' ice-cream, it just tastes gross. I'd prefer to spend a little more quality on a better product and enjoy every bite.

There is the occasion I actually crave some of these foods (like Little Caesars cheese pizza) but otherwise I like to just wait and get something with better ingredients.

Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand what you mean. After being on this road for a few years, I can easily say that the key is balance, and a part of that is eating the stuff you like, no matter how unhealthy it is. You can make it fit your macros, call it a cheat meal or whatever. I think a part that's oftentimes not really addressed in dieting is in a way the unhealthy association we create with "unhealthy food". Realize that emotional stability is too. Maybe you're not to that point yet, but I find that if I crave something and hold off for too long, I'll just be all the more likely to over do it.

But yes, I oftentimes find myself falling into this trap. I was there for quite a while, had a "cheat meal" a week ago, and honestly, I'm so much better emotionally for it.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    no... I went to ryan's yesterday and it was awesome. Food does not have to be expensive for me to enjoy.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't go by price... just because I shell out more money doesn't mean the food is better for me. Plus I am having a fried bologna samich with mayo and a slice of tomato (fresh out the garden)... I AM a snob when it comes to tomatoes!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Not at all. My cravings have nothing to do with quality ingredients lol. I will eat a hot dog any day of the week. I had a big mac last night.. it was delicious.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Quality snob makes sense. Price snob is meh.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Quality snob makes sense. Price snob is meh.

They generally go hand in hand. Not all the time, but most of the time.

I agree with the sheet cake comment, posted on my friend feed! I tried to eat some at a birthday party, but it wasn't very good at all. Thankfully my 2 year old helped me polish it off. XD
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm too broke to buy quality foods most days. That said, I am finding a greater appreciation for homemade foods since I've been here.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7zqUpI6KsSTkTkm5pbyxhrpl5VdbcTs9-9br2lnwlsQWvOp_dtQ
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Being a food snob is why I'm here in the first place. I didn't get fat from junk, I got fat because, rather than spending my spare cash on shoes and handbags like a normal girl, I spent it on amazing gourmet foods which I'd spend all weekend cooking, eating and feeding to others.

Having said that, when I want a filthy hot dog, I eat and enjoy one :)
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I'm just a snob about everything. Ask me.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I admit I was a food snob for a while :laugh: Those days are far behind me now. I seen the light! :drinker:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm just a snob about everything. Ask me.

QFT
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    for the most part I am a HUGE food snob.
    I have tried to get better, in order to hang out with my friends who like Little Ceasars and such things.

But I'd gladly pay for everybodys pizza if it was better. lol
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I generally spend less and eat wiser when I'm eating healthier....when I spend more I eat crap
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I will eat almost anything, but prefer to cook and buy quality stuff
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    No. I was a terrible food snob for a good number of years and that's what helped me pack on the weight. When you think nothing of a 4 figure dinner at an internationally acclaimed restaurant, you may have a problem.

My worrying about macros and calories pulled me down a bit. I love food, truly adore food, but I like the way I feel these days much better.

And hell, I even eat at McDonalds once in a while now days, though I much prefer some Steak & Shake.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that. I've been on this journey long enough to break myself of it, though.

When I first started out, I was the person who scoffed at "junk" food because it had "no nutritional value" and such. I never would let candy or other things touch my lips, let alone get ingested.

Then I started reading more, learning more, and listening to others who had already reached their goals. It takes some time for the sinking in to happen, but once you realize that being all anal about food choices like that isn't exactly healthy (nor is it 100% correct anyway) it's like a light turns on in your head. It's a wonderful discovery.

I am currently losing fat at a decent pace, yet last week I ate fast food twice in addition to eating at Red Lobster. I don't buy overpriced organic fruits and veggies, and as long as to cow wasn't diseased, I will drink the milk and eat the lower priced steak. Contrary to the beliefs of many food snobs, protein is not just cancelled out when it comes from hotdogs or bacon. It just tastes better, lol.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    And hell, I even eat at McDonalds once in a while now days, though I much prefer some Steak & Shake.
    [/quote]

Did I just hear Streak and Shake?? HOw YOU doin'?? :wink:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No snob here. Cheap or expensive ingredients, if it tastes good I eat it.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I feel that there is no bad food. I eat what I like.