Eating same meal everyday?

Does anyone else eat the same meal (lunch) everyday (m-f) to cut down on decisions and to make tracking so so easy? Also, do you skip snacking or a nibble here and there bc then you don't have to track it? I do!

Replies

• aufan3416
    aufan3416 Posts: 2 Member
    Yes. I eat the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch. I normally change it up for dinner. I try to stay away from snacks.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    During the work week, I generally eat the same breakfast, lunch and snacks with some slight but variation/substitutions. Every few months I change what those are. It makes planning my meals and calories plus morning prep so much easier.
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    I've done that a few times. For me it always ended with me getting sick of the same thing and a trip to a drive thru. I now try to meal prep Sunday night for the upcoming week. Way cheaper and it stops crappy decisions about lunch
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    I eat the same thing every day M-F for breakfast and lunch and I'd eat the same thing for dinner every night if my husband wouldn't put up an argument. It doesn't matter to me to have variety. I do get hungry for other foods on the weekend. It does make it easier to track but that's not why I eat the same. I do it b/c it saves on making a decision of what else to eat :)
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I read that people who are naturally thin tend to do this.. not sure how true that is, but it makes sense.
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    I thrive on routine and love knowing exactly how many calories I'm "spending" on lunch before it even happens. I had gestational diabetes with 2/3 kids and it really changed my mindset of food. Food is fuel. I was very strict with it bc it wasn't just me, my choices effected my baby! I started seeing food as fuel. I began eating the same thing everyday bc I knew how it would effect my blood sugar and even though I'm no longer pregnant, I haven't looked back. 🙂
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    sdavis484 wrote: »
    Does anyone else eat the same meal (lunch) everyday (m-f) to cut down on decisions and to make tracking so so easy? Also, do you skip snacking or a nibble here and there bc then you don't have to track it? I do!

Sort of? Not the exact same thing, but I tend to have the same breakfast for days on end but change up the fruits and veg -- for example, 2 egg omelet with veg, but different veg depending on what is on hand, plus fruit on the side (could be half an avocado or some other fruit). Right now I'm on a smoothie kick and have them every morning, but they include greens, some other veg or vegetables, nuts or seeds or both, sometimes half an avocado, some kind of protein source, and some kind of fruit, and the specifics change.

My lunches are often made in advance and so the same thing for several days (lentil stew) or I have a few go tos (salad with protein) and again the specifics change. Or I might have leftovers from dinner.

So I don't get bored, but I do have a simple routine.

I don't nibble (never been a tendency of mine) and I decided not to snack when I first started losing and thought about what pattern of eating made me most satisfied. Nothing about logging, though, just eating preference.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Not exactly, but I do usually make enough for leftovers, and then I’ll copy-paste from one day to the other. Another thing I’ll do is prep a few food elements ahead of time and then mix and match, which makes logging easier. For instance, I’ll marinate and sear tofu, and then I’ll use it inside summer rolls one day and to top a salad the next.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Yes, it's sad but I do that. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are copy & paste, then dinner is switched up but I've been rotating only about 8-10 things for dinner so I eat basically the same stuff all the time. I like it that way though. It doesn't usually bore me.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and always have a salad for lunch but vary the protein. I ring the changes with our evening meal but it tends to be from a limited number of choices because I'm a limited/lazy cook.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I eat the same breakfast and one of three lunch options (sometimes I vary the protein or vegetables but base is the same) snacks are also similar day to day, dinner changes but it is usually a protein source, grain/starch, vegetables and a salad (and wine). For me this works so I don't have to track my intake, if I'm not losing weight over time I cut a portion, snack, or cut down food on one or more of the days and it works out.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I have the same breakfasts and lunches for long stretches of a time, but vary them seasonally. For example, this fall I harvested all my basil before the frost, made a ton of pesto, froze it in 1 C containers, and had this on toast with a fried egg for breakfast. When I ran out, I switched to scrambled eggs and veggies. When it gets warmer, I will be having fruit, veg, and protein powder smoothies for lunch.

I do love to cook and reserve my passion for dinners. When I was single I would eat the same dinner for days in a row, but in a relationship I like to be more accommodating. Or show off :lol:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    aufan3416 wrote: »
    Yes. I eat the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch. I normally change it up for dinner. I try to stay away from snacks.

^This. Even my snacks are the same. I meal plan dinners so that I don't have to make a decision about what to eat or cook when I get home. An added bonus to that is leaving a recipe out on the counter and having someone start dinner before I get home, or if I'm really lucky, actually making dinner. Occasionally I'll get a shot at leftovers if nobody else took them, but logging them is easy because I've been using the recipe builder for so long on this site that nearly everything I cook is already in mfp somewhere.
  • Aporia1983
    Aporia1983 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2020
    I do for a variety of reasons; makes it easier to track, I know my grocery bill won't fluctuate and since I'm on a strict budget that's super important, it cuts out food waste since it's difficult to cook for one person and it helps me to eat enough because with too many choices I tend to just not make a choice and eat.

I have coffee with creamer every morning, an apple for a mid-morning snack, on work days I eat a turkey and swiss whole wheat bagel sandwich (I work at a bagel shop so it's free) and for dinner I have greek yogurt with a banana and peanutbutter granola. On the days I don't work the only thing that changes is for lunch I have two slices of wheat toast with peanutbutter and banana and for dinner I have either chicken breast or salmon or shrimp with broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper and brown rice-sometimes I'll add teriyaki sauce to it.

For snacks I stick to baby carrots, pretzels and a baby bell cheese, a small handful of almonds. And I drink plenty of water every day.

Every once in a while if I've been really good at not snacking I'll indulge in whatever I want. But this is working for me.

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    20oz of freshly ground French pressed black coffee 4 breakfast @ day
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'll usually vary it a little, but everyday I'll have pasta with vegetables in a sauce for lunch. I'll change up the vegetables and sauce, but I always love Meijer brand medium shells, lol.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Yes and no, I guess.
    I typically make two meals (generally a soup and a casserole) which I use for lunch and dinner that week. To keep the drive-thru at bay, I usually have a few pre-made options like pizza, chick'n tenders, etc, in the freezer. I also keep plenty of frozen veg on hand to 'add' to these meals if I start getting bored.
    Breakfast is typically oats+eggs, yogurt+fruit, or breakfast burritos with sauteed veggies/salsa.
    Snacks vary from chopped veggies+fruit, a glass of milk, or popcorn.

So, there's options for variety, but it lets me be as lazy as I want to be lol Considering that I'm out of the house 12+ hours a day for school and two jobs, I do what I can :)
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I'm terrible about lacking variety in my diet...I find something I sort of like and eat it again-and-again. Breakfast, lunch, dinner it does not matter I just get stuck on certain things. I might have chili for dinner three times a week, alternating with flat bread or something the other nights.

I am thinking though I need to do a better job tracking macros and hitting at least some sort of protein goal. That said it is likely once I figure out how to hit that protein goal ground hog day will start again!
  • ssorg9
    ssorg9 Posts: 30 Member
    I basically eat the same thing M-F for lunch & snacks. Various forms of a salad in a jar for lunch which can be made a week ahead of time, gala apple at 10am, Wassa crackers and 1 cup of mixed veggies on the way home. I have about 5 different breakfasts that I have every day which vary from 320 to 450 calories.
    Weekends are more freelancing, but I track everything.