Not having the success I want

Options
What am I doing wrong? I track my food and exercise and when I hit complete at the end of the day it tells me what I would weigh if I did this same thing every day which is what I want. But the scale is not changing much if at all. Getting very discouraged ๐Ÿ˜ž

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    A few thing try a weight trending app I like Libra it helps smooth the daily fluctuation
    Also are you using a food scale?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? I track my food and exercise and when I hit complete at the end of the day it tells me what I would weigh if I did this same thing every day which is what I want. But the scale is not changing much if at all. Getting very discouraged ๐Ÿ˜ž

Are you using a food scale to get your portions correct? Are you personally verifying that the MFP entries you select have the correct calories? Those two things will cut down on possible errors.

How long have you been trying to lose?

Many people do not understand that the bathroom scale is not a great device to measure progress in short intervals of time. Your total body weight varies for reasons other than fat weight loss. Read this:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

If you are in a calorie deficit the weight loss will show up eventually. For some people, I am one of them, it happens in what we call whooshes. I will often stay about the same weight or even go up on weight for a couple of weeks and then lose a bunch in a single week that helps me catch up to where I should be.