Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    If ou eat 800 calories a day and do Insanity, plan a funeral or a well thought-out trip to the ER. No joke!

Good luck.

Heck like someone mentioned. You can eat two peanut butter and jelly sammy's packed with peanute butter and be well over 1000calories. It's easy. You're probably not hungry because you have a slowed metabolism and lack muscles. Shoot, who knows. But I do know 800 calories is NOTHING
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I always like to combine foods to make meals and snacks more satisfying. For example, if breakfast is a yogurt, add fruit. Instead of almonds as a snack, enjoy an apple with almond butter or trail mix including various nuts, dried fruits, and maybe dark chocolate chips. Make sure your salad for lunch includes plenty of protein, from chicken, fish, nuts, hard-boiled egg, etc. For dinner, have your fish with vegetables and brown rice. I've also been following the Flat-Belly Diet recently, derived from the Mediterranean diet, so I try to incorporate a source of healthy fats into every meal. And don't be afraid to drink your calories, particularly if you're busy working and exercising. There are plenty of healthy smoothies to be made from fruits, juices, milks, yogurts, and nut butters!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    FOR EVERYONE BEING HELPFUL--- thank you, i will take your suggestions to heart, and start applying them to tonight dinner.

FOR EVERYONE WHOSE BEING UNHELPFUL--- go ahead and start planning my funeral. :)
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you didn't "know" how to eat more then you wouldn't need to lose weight in the first place.
    Eat more and treat your body right.
    It's better to be losing weight slower and healthier than to expect
    Everything to fall off at once and torture your body and develop an e.d.
    Please be smart.
    800 calories is stupid...you're not stupid! So eat smart,and be healthy...please.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You need to forget about exercising and just work on upping your calories or you will do more harm to yourself!! You need to eat more dense food, that are high in calories, but healthy, like peanut butter, nuts, avocado, glass of milk, add oils to your meals, etc. etc..

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You stated in a previous post you are recovering from an ed. Now you state you want to eat too few calories for anyone to adequately get nutrition and do a crazy insane exercise regimine.

I think you already know, or should know, the answers you are going to get. You are setting yourself up to be attacked.

My two cents: Please don't do this to yourself. You deserve a healthy lifestyle.

i am recovering. and im not TRYING to eat too few calories, its not like i work at it, thats just how it ends up happening most days, if i go over i dont flip out, i can just never seem to get that many calories.
    and if people want to attack me for trying to get some advice on not only how many calories i may need to eat while on insanity and also if anyone could be super helpful by through some food ideas my way that would be nice to, then they can attack me. i feel that show small minded people, if you dont have something nice to say dont say it, i dont need to hear your negative comments

I actually wasn't trying to attack you, so I appologize if it came across that way. I was trying to warn you that others might because of your post and I see it happen here a lot. You did however put in your original post that '800 was your calorie goal', not that you had a higher goal but were having trouble meeting it. I just honestly don't think 800 as a calorie goal is ever healthy for anyone. But I mean you no negative thoughts, so again, I'm sorry.

Best wishes.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It will take time to adjust to eating more. Try calorie dense foods (nuts, avacado, cheese, oils) to quickly up your intake. Also, if you find 1900 too daunting right off, try upping your calories 150-200 per week until you meet your goal. I wouldn't recommend doing exercise before you've reached that though! Best of luck!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    An easy way to get more calories in is to eat more fat. Fat has more calories per gram than carbs and protein. Eating full fat foods, rather than low fat can be a good way to get more calories in.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think 800 calories would be good if you're 3 feet tall.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    You stated in a previous post you are recovering from an ed. Now you state you want to eat too few calories for anyone to adequately get nutrition and do a crazy insane exercise regimine.

I think you already know, or should know, the answers you are going to get. You are setting yourself up to be attacked.

My two cents: Please don't do this to yourself. You deserve a healthy lifestyle.

i am recovering. and im not TRYING to eat too few calories, its not like i work at it, thats just how it ends up happening most days, if i go over i dont flip out, i can just never seem to get that many calories.
    and if people want to attack me for trying to get some advice on not only how many calories i may need to eat while on insanity and also if anyone could be super helpful by through some food ideas my way that would be nice to, then they can attack me. i feel that show small minded people, if you dont have something nice to say dont say it, i dont need to hear your negative comments

I actually wasn't trying to attack you, so I appologize if it came across that way. I was trying to warn you that others might because of your post and I see it happen here a lot. You did however put in your original post that '800 was your calorie goal', not that you had a higher goal but were having trouble meeting it. I just honestly don't think 800 as a calorie goal is ever healthy for anyone. But I mean you no negative thoughts, so again, I'm sorry.

Best wishes.

im also sorry, i understand you were not attacking me. and when i said " if you dont have something nice to say dont say it, i dont need to hear your negative comments" i actually wasnt directing that at you, but it did come off that way. im sorry
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to focus on recovery and bumping up your calories a little bit at a time before attempting a new and intense workout program?

ETA: Are you working with a professional while working towards recovery?
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    Options
    ETA: Are you working with a professional while working towards recovery?

Yes i am