Motivational buddy needed

Options
Hello everyone! I’m at that “oh no” point where I’ve gotten on the scale and freaked out. 165.6 lb, 5’4”. I’m 26 years old and so unhappy with the way I look. I obsess over it daily. Any time I pass a mirror or see what I look like in pictures. I really want to reach a goal weight of 140 lb in 6 months. The thing is, I’m a nurse (work 3 12s a week), getting my masters (school 1 day/week and clinical rotations 2 days/week). As you can see I have a really awful schedule and none of my friends want to be my gym buddy. Looking to get a network of people so we can motivate each other. I just want to feel good about myself again.

Replies

• kcmullis
    kcmullis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You’re a nurse and that’s like a real-life super hero. I have a long way to go on my journey but I have found my greatest motivation in setting and achieving small goals. One primary goal right now is to stop letting my weight be the deciding factor of how I feel about myself. We are more than our weight and deserve to be healthy!
  • singin5447
    singin5447 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi @anaakhtar
    Motivation can be tough. Are you looking for someone who's going to keep you on track for the gym or just in general? I do a small workout at home because I haven't been able to muster up the commitment for a gym. It's called the 7 minute work out by Johnston and Johnston. Baby steps 😄
  • nurselosingweight
    Options
    Both actually! Are we able to message each other privately here? I have a planet fitness membership. I do the 20/month so I can go to lots of locations but it’s 10/month for one location.
  • alymorg808
    alymorg808 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d love to help motivate you! I actually workout at home so major props to you for making the drive to a gym...how often are you wanting to prioritize the gym in your schedule? Feel free to message me on here!
  • serengaros
    serengaros Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting a weight loss accountability group here on mfp as also thinking a weekly weigh in and goals for the week type group would help motivate me! Let me know if anyone's interested for me to add them, just two of us so far! Will prob cap it at 8 to 10 people or something. Best, Sarah.
  • Bea98321
    Bea98321 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Serengaros! I would love to join the accountability group if there is still room!
  • serengaros
    serengaros Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cool OK!

I will add you! As I said only two so far but I'm v keen to make this work so we'll see!
  • dcsmith1963
    dcsmith1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for others into gym, hiking, sports and nutrition to form a small group to regularly meet and motivate/support each other towards our individual goals. Location, Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I’d love an accountability group as well!