Review my dairy please

Options
What would you add? What would you remove? I’m vegetarian and I feel I need to limit the carbs intake but idk

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    1) You don't appear to be eating back your exercise calories. MFP is designed so that you are meant to - at least half to begin with, look at average weight loss after a few weeks, and adjust calories up or down as needed

2) The items listed as homemade - are these your own recipes, or ones from the database? If the latter, you have no idea what's actually in there. Better to use the recipe builder to create your own using your recipes

3) You're not using a food scale. You don't have to, but they are way, way more accurate. A piece of tofu could be any size, particularly when using a generic database entry (but even for named brands there will be variation). A handful of peanuts? I can fit a lot of peanuts in my hand!

4) Are you logging everything? There are days where you only have one meal entered, cals are way under, etc

5) Unless you have a medical issue which requires limiting carbs, there's no need to. Weight loss is purely calories in vs calories out. That said, your protein is quite low, so personally I would give up some carbs to get more protein. Protein and fats you really want to treat as minimums, then let carbs fall where they may. Protein requirements are also a bit higher during weight loss, to help preserve muscle. Many of us suggest aiming for between 0.6-0.8g per lb of ideal body weight (just pick a number around mid-healthy BMI, for example), and between 0.3-0.45g per lb ideal weight for fats.

Some lower carb vegetarian protein options would be things like Greek yoghurt, eggs, and egg whites, other dairy products (paneer in that saag!!), protein powder