Biceps

Options
I keep screwing up bicep curls. My forarm hurts or i end up pulling my upper body back when I lift as momentum.
I tried holding the dumbells vertically but I‘m not really getting a good workout. Any tips?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jack1336 wrote: »
    I keep screwing up bicep curls. My forarm hurts or i end up pulling my upper body back when I lift as momentum.
    I tried holding the dumbells vertically but I‘m not really getting a good workout. Any tips?

Have you gone to a orthopedic doctor? There is a chance you have tendinitis in the forearms. And if you are getting back pain while curling, i suspect you are using too much body movement from the weights being too heavy. Or its possible you don't have a enough pull moves in your workout driving muscle imbalance.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZIRSUqQ7Y

Are you over-using your delts?

You may be using too heavy a weight and not concentrating on wrist position, which will hurt the forearm.

I would try practising with a very light weight, in front of a mirror, seated, and really get the feel of what should be happening.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Reiterating the above. Seated with lower weight. Your core should be tight if you are doing them standing. Sometimes throwing a foot back to kickstand you can help prevent the back flair. Shoulders down and back before begining.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Sounds like poor form due 2 using too much wt