how much????

Options
hi all!

just a general question to any1 who wants to answer lol

how much weight have you lost in a month?

my birthdays on the 29th of august and would like to fir into a dress it doesnt zip up all the way ( big chest) the middle is a bit tight and uncomfy around my tummy. if i dont fit into it by my bday im not fussed but it would be nice

so any hints tips stories experiances good work outs ect

Rachael

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    For me it varies every month. The lowest I've lost in one month is 3 pounds, the highest is 7.5.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    hi all!

my birthdays on the 29th of august and would like to fir into a dress it doesnt zip up all the way ( big chest) the middle is a bit tight and uncomfy around my tummy. if i dont fit into it by my bday im not fussed but it would be nice

Rachael
    I don't want to use it as a benchmark, but I've lost 20 lbs in the last 15 days.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10 lbs in a month. But that was right when I started dieting and exercising. Then after was 4-5 lb average a month
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    [/quote]
    I don't want to use it as a benchmark, but I've lost 20 lbs in the last 15 days.
    [/quote]

nice one!!!!!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    hi all!

Rachael

My goal is only 15 lbs in 35 days. I thought that was hard! DANG GIRL!!!
  • HIzara
    Options
    hi all!

Rachael

If you want it, which you SHOULD DEFINITELY, you gotta work really hard for it.

What's your workout schedule like? Have you mapped it out on a calendar? What's your calorie limit per day? Have you planned out tomorrow's meal yet?

If you don't see progress in 2 weeks, what are you willing to do to up your workouts and reduce calories in order to see results?

You must have a schedule and be motivated.

"If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail."
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    welli go to the gym 3or 4 times a week doing fitness classes now looking for a good fitness dvd to use when i dont go to the gym.

i try to eat balanced meals hihg fiber bfast weetabix. toast or something light for lunch then a balanced dinner such as chicken potatos and veg. ifi dont progressin 2 weeks i am willing to eat less and work out more. simple!

ive lost 6 pound already and would like to loose alot more in the next month it would be good but imprepared for a slow road ahead!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

Please don't judge by this person. She's on a VERY low calorie diet along with a pregnancy hormone that's supposed to let you "feed" off your stored fat that you accrue in a 2-day LOADING phase. Very unhealthy. My mom is on it as well.

I typically lose 1 lb per week but only started out with 40 pounds to lose and have lost half already. It took me about 4 months to lose 17 lbs and then after a 2 month stall, lost the other 2 recently.
  • HIzara
    Options
    welli go to the gym 3or 4 times a week doing fitness classes now looking for a good fitness dvd to use when i dont go to the gym.

i try to eat balanced meals hihg fiber bfast weetabix. toast or something light for lunch then a balanced dinner such as chicken potatos and veg. ifi dont progressin 2 weeks i am willing to eat less and work out more. simple!

ive lost 6 pound already and would like to loose alot more in the next month it would be good but imprepared for a slow road ahead!

So, let's see here, how long did it take for you to lose 6 lbs? 1 week? 2 weeks? And how many weeks do you have left? If that's the time frame and based on your past workout schedule so far and the result, you've only lost that many lbs, do you think you can continue with the same schedule and still meet your goal??

If not, how about penciling it down on your calendar, today, to increase your workouts by 2 or 3x more a week? So, let's make that 5x-6x a week working out. And how about start cutting back another 200-400 cal/day?

I'm a math person, so I am always adding and subtracting and writing things down. Hope I'm not being too hard on you and that you see where I'm going.

But that's what I did and I lost 3 lbs last week, I worked out 9x at 60+ minutes a session last week and my cal intake was only 1200/day. I'm only 5'3 so my 60+ workouts only burn 400-600 cals/session. My workout and diet schedule is VERY excessive, I must admit. But that's how much I want it.
  • xweerachceex
    Options

So, let's see here, how long did it take for you to lose 6 lbs? 1 week? 2 weeks? And how many weeks do you have left? If that's the time frame and based on your past workout schedule so far and the result, you've only lost that many lbs, do you think you can continue with the same schedule and still meet your goal??

If not, how about penciling it down on your calendar, today, to increase your workouts by 2 or 3x more a week? So, let's make that 5x-6x a week working out. And how about start cutting back another 200-400 cal/day?

I'm a math person, so I am always adding and subtracting and writing things down. Hope I'm not being too hard on you and that you see where I'm going.

But that's what I did and I lost 3 lbs last week, I worked out 9x at 60+ minutes a session last week and my cal intake was only 1200/day. I'm only 5'3 so my 60+ workouts only burn 400-600 cals/session. My workout and diet schedule is VERY excessive, I must admit. But that's how much I want it.

it was my first week of dieting i lost 6 lbs
    preferibly i would ,like to see a diferance on my birthday on the 29th of next month or get that dress on that i mentioned.

now that you mention it a dnt think icould achieve my gole with the exersice im doing but im looking into buying an exercise dvd for using in the house more often so i get more work outs.
  • brandythixton
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds in a month on the hcg diet. It's a very limited calorie diet with little working out; so it should only be done under doctor supervision. But it has been my most successful attempt at weight loss. Hope this helps!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hi all!

Rachael

When I first started I lost 14lbs in the first month. Then the weight loss slows down and during the last month I have lost 5lb (been at this for just over eight weeks now)

I make sure I record everything I eat and drink, exercise three times per week on cardio, I do not eat my exercise calories, but everybody varies on this.

The main thing and the most important in my opinion is ensure you are honest with yourself, if you eat or drink something that is high in calories or will take you over your daily allotted amount, do not think "I won't record that, that way it won't show" because of course, you will still have consumed the calories - sounds silly I know, but lots of people will do that!

All the very best with your weight loss programme and hoping you fit into your dress :smile:

Editing this to say I am on 1200 calories per day.
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Throughtout my journey I've averaged about 1.5 pounds per week, or about 6 pounds lost per month. Sometimes a little more. I think my best month was about 12 pounds, but I was restricting my calories a little too much and backed off to maintain a healthy rate of loss.

You didn't put all of the weight you want to lose on overnight, you'r not going to take it off ( and keep it off) overnight either.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of water loss right away. On my last stint of 800 calories per day, I lost 20 the first month and averaged 10 pounds a months after that. This through a doctor's office. Very low calorie diets need monitoring.
  • dgroulx
    Options
    Just an addendum. There's nothing wrong with water loss. Your fat cells contain a lot of water. They shrink and water loss is the result. This gives you a nice loss of inches. Clothes should fit better real soon. Good Luck.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Please don't judge by this person. She's on a VERY low calorie diet along with a pregnancy hormone that's supposed to let you "feed" off your stored fat that you accrue in a 2-day LOADING phase. Very unhealthy. My mom is on it as well.

I typically lose 1 lb per week but only started out with 40 pounds to lose and have lost half already. It took me about 4 months to lose 17 lbs and then after a 2 month stall, lost the other 2 recently.

I think this quote is from a man, his name is Rob, and men lose weight quicker than women do
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Suffice to say that for most people, they are losing the very healthly 1 lb/wk. Usually when you start exercising, eating healthier, watching calories and sugar intake (most important!!), your first month is likely to be your best...and depending on how much you have to lose, it could be double that. Your best approach is to just jump in, really be careful on your choices and EXERCISE. Because the exercise will likely give you the best bang for your buck in losing INCHES which is really what you are attempting to do. Make sure you mix cardio and strength training...and good luck on your journey!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

I am indeed a man and the information put forth in this post is inaccurate and mostly based on pure opinion.

1) It's not just the fat you store during the load days. Your body has been storing fats your entire life. That's why most of us are here on this site!

2) Whether or not the diet is "very unhealthy" is a matter of opinion. There are studies that show significant results and there are studies to show that HCG doesn't do anything. I, for one, can give my own personal experience in saying that I'm down 21 lbs in 17 days and I feel great. Someone else may not have the same results I am experiencing. They also may not be following the protocol the proper way. The guidelines are very specific and failing to adhere to them could have catastrophic medical implications. I am obsessive in my preparation and execution of this protocol and I am reaping the results from it.

Summary> take anyone's posts with a grain of salt. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions. I studied the HCG protocol for over a year, including interviewing numerous people that have had both successes and failures with it.
  • dgroulx
    Options
    2) Whether or not the diet is "very unhealthy" is a matter of opinion. There are studies that show significant results and there are studies to show that HCG doesn't do anything. I, for one, can give my own personal experience in saying that I'm down 21 lbs in 17 days and I feel great. Someone else may not have the same results I am experiencing. They also may not be following the protocol the proper way. The guidelines are very specific and failing to adhere to them could have catastrophic medical implications. I am obsessive in my preparation and execution of this protocol and I am reaping the results from it.

Absolutely true. HCG is just a "gimmick". It's a way for someone else to get rich. You lose weight by burning more than you take in. There is no "magic bullet" and there never will be. I've lost 16 pounds in my first 9 days by cutting my caloric intake.