Leftover sweet potato = win

Options
marniesworld
marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
So, I had a leftover sweet potato from last night, and I didn't want it to go to waste. It was already cooked so I know I didn't have all week to wait, but I wanted to think of something different. Tonight I whipped up the tastiest little quesadilla!

First, I scooped out the inside of the potato (which was on the smaller side) and sauteed it with onions and 1/2 tbls of butter (you could use your pan-greasing substance of choice, but tonight I was feeling regular old butter) until parts started to crisp up. I added about 1/2 cup of baby spinach until it wilted up and mixed it in, along with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin (just experimenting!)

Then I spread two mini tortillas with cheese (I chose to use 2 laughing cow chipotle wedges, but you could use whatever cheese you like!). I put the mixture in between the two. Admittedly, I have a "quesadilla maker" (think Forman grill, but with the standard quesadilla lines - it came free with my mom's Forman grill years ago and I inherited it!) but you don't need one! You could flip it in the already heated pan, pop it in the toaster oven, or cook each side on the grill for a few minutes. You could even just leave it as is, especially if you're using a soft cheese.

Anyway, it was delicious, and based on the tortillas I used (La Tortilla Factory Mini Whole Wheat Soft Wraps), these is how it all played out:

Cals - 296
Fat - 6g
Chol - 10mg
Sodium - 400mg
Carbs - 2g
Fiber - 16.3g
Protein - 14.5g
Sugars - 8.5g

I wish I had a picture but I had blown 2/3rds of the way through it before I thought of it. :-)

Replies