Vicious Cycle

Options
champion818
champion818 Posts: 65 Member
edited February 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to come on here and vent while also seeking advice from the community .

I am currently 21 years old ( will be 22 in 1 week) and have been struggling with my weight ever since I can remember . Currently I weigh 292.8 as of this morning which is definitely not where I want to be . My weight has fluctuated between 260-300 for the past 3 years but only recently, I have been feeling the negative affects of my weight . It’s hard for me to walk long distances as I become out of breath , my legs start trembling and begin to fail . I need to sit down and catch my breath while letting my legs relax because they start to tighten up and cause a sharp pain radiating through my back and feet . I know that at my age I should be able to walk with no issues , but I find myself troubled immensely by the weight gain . I have always been in the cycle of loosing a good amount of weight and then gaining it right back . I don’t know how to maintain a healthy life style balance and keep the weight off that I loose . Right now excercise doesn’t seem like an option because my legs are having trouble supporting my weight . My fitness pal is allowing me to eat 1,700 calories in order to
loose 2 pounds a week which seems reasonable given I have followed that calorie plan before and lost weight successfully after 4 months .

Do you guys have any advice or guidance that can perhaps shed light or open a new perspective to things ?

Stats :

CW:292.8
Height : 5’9

Thank you

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    There is no "end" date, so find a way of eating that you enjoy. Come up with 20 meals you like and rotate them. Try to hit your protein and fat goal every day. On Myfitnesspal the numbers for fat and protein should be considered minimum goals to hit - let carbs fall where they fall. I make sure I have 4-6 vegetables and fruits daily. Whole fruit, not dried or juiced.

Log all your food. Non-negotiable tool as far as I'm concerned. Every bite, every spoonful.

Exercise is optional, though it helps me with appetite and gives a few more calories, so if you can find something you like to do that doesn't hurt you, that would be fantastic. I mostly walk outdoors. Nature is a healer of all that ails me.