Binge eating and bloating at night

Options
I’m a naturally petite woman who has never had issues with maintaining a lower weight. But recently, I’ve been binging uncontrollably at night. I literally eat thousands of calories in a very short time after a full day of eating. My stomach bloats hugely! How do I stop this pattern and get my stomach back?

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It sounds like this is a new habit for you, perhaps but some thought towards what else in your life changed or started going on around the time you began this behaviour.
    Also consider if you start bingeing because you are genuinely hungry, but then things slip out of your control, or is it just the desire to eat? The former may be resolved by adjusting your diet during the day and making alternate food choices.

I find it helps by not buying certain food groups so they are simply not in the house to be desirable / accessible.

Good luck talking to someone more informed than ourselves who can help you out
  • Kashmir_314
    Kashmir_314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I suffered through binge eating when I was a teenager. I can only speak from my own experience and tell you this was definitely an emotional response, especially if you're eating well during the day. If you were restricting tons of calories during the day, I'd say you may just be hungry. Talking to a therapist is your best route. Good luck!