Any Youtube or at home suggestions for a stationary bike?

Options
I have a stationary bike and plan to create a workout plan using that and some Youtube channels I found. The issue I'm finding is a good way to use the bike in a more beneficial way than just cycling on a level for 30mins (which is pretty boring fyi).

A few tries ago, I used to create a workout playlist and cycle to the beat but kept it at the same level. Any body have any suggestions on creating a HIIT workout on a stationary bike?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Do you actually mean HIIT (maximal effort for very short duration) or do you just mean interval training?

What metrics does your bike give you? (e.g. my interval training is done by power which needs a power meter.)
    Metrics you might want to use could be watts, cadence, "speed", heartrate.

What are your fitness goals?
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    This website has a bunch of great training sessions you can do depending on your goal and it shows how to progress them as you get fitter too

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/knowledge/training-plans/supporting-documents/article/izn20140529-Indoor-Training-Sessions-0
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In the winter or in foul weather in the summer, when I miss Spin Class, to keep it simple, I use my own playlist when just hopping on a bike in the gym. Some songs are sprints, some or mountains, some are hills, some are all 3. Let the music decide which way to go.

BTW - U2, With or Without You - is a great mountain song :-)