Finding correct names for single exercise machines

At the Y, I use the single exercise machines. They have names on them but I can't always find the corresponding exercise to enter it. Examples are abductor, adductor, fly/rear, glute. These machines are all Cybex at the Y. Any ideas where I might go to translate from Cybex name to something in our database?

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Cybex is the brand name of the equipment.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I just put mine as 'circuit training' and how long I went total. I don't use it for exercise calories, though, as mine are primarily strength training and my Garmin already accounts for my steps during that time. If you're wanting the exercise calories, you can find circuit training in aerobic exercise instead of strength training.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I agree. Exercise counts, but probably not a whole lot of calories burned. Log it all as one exercise session.
    Unless your objective is to keep up with how many of each you’re doing. Then make up your own exercise for each one.(maybe give it one calorie burned for each rep to make it easy to keep up with reps if you don’t care about how many calories it actually burns).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    I count the machines and free weights as strength training under "cardio" for the total time I do it.