drinks & dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    You are quite petite and certainly not overweight. Sounds like you are getting good exercise. I'm hoping you are happy and healthy. So, in general, I hope your life is good!

As for booze: Bars don't scale drinks by the patron's body weight, but they should. The best advice is always to drink lightly or not at all. Everyone everywhere knows that this can be a challenge, yet the advice stands and we all do our best.

I am amazed when I hear people speak about booze as though it's just the greatest invention of humankind and the end goal of every endeavor. If that's the way you feel, you got to go out and try some new things! Nothing can steamroll your health and happiness like like booze.

ban-rollerbanana.gif
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink at all during the week..stick to my eating plan..and I go out to dinner once or twice on the weekends with my husband and aI have a few cocktails and eat dinner..but never order fried food or junk food..more like shrimp cocktail, fish..salad..and I do have mashed potatoes ..and a piece of bread. I lost all my weight doing this.
  • chriscox2020
    chriscox2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am brand new here, but I REALLY enjoy a nice glass of Bourbon in the evening. I log it when I enter my first food so I'm sure I have the calories available. :wink:
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    One way to increase your daily calories is to exercise more. Instead of 30 minutes 3 times a week, try 4 or 5 days a week, or 45-60 minutes instead of 30. Find something you enjoy doing and want to do regularly. I walk every day and run 5 days a week, plus occasional other exercise (yoga, bike, calisthenics, etc.) so get a much larger daily calorie allowance than I would if I were truly sedentary. Thus I can enjoy beer or wine a couple of days a week, or eat ice cream or pie for dessert.