Having trouble with some foods

Options
Hello,my name is Virginia JENNINGS, I am having some trouble with some foods. I am allergic to , wheat, milk, egg whites, chocolate, shellfish, cheese, I have to carry an eppi pen with me all the time, as I am highly allergic to chocolate. The other things really mess with my stomach, IBS symptoms. So how do I get started with this plan, and have results that I need to help me loose the 40 lbs that I need to. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Virginia

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hi Virginia,

Losing weight does not require a specific type of diet or food. It only requires that you create an calorie/energy deficit that forces your body to use stored energy like fat to make up the difference. So if you put your information into MFP and have it give you a calorie goal you just need to stick to it to see results. That goal will not include exercise. If you exercise you will need to work out how many exercise calories to eat on top of your goal. This will likely be either half or all depending on where you get your calorie estimates.

Basically all that to say this... you need to eat less of what you are safe to eat than you burn and you will lose weight.
  • vegasgirl0825
    vegasgirl0825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Using MFP to me is just a tool to track my calories and have a goal/limit to not go over. You can eat any foods you want, as long as you don't exceed your calorie goal. Obviously, it's suggested you eat foods that are more healthy; fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc., you could essentially eat McDonald's and stay in your calories. I would suggest sitting down and making a weekly menu and then making a shopping list off of that. Only buy/consume the foods you can eat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Eat the food you want, enter it into the FOOD page. Stay within your calories to lose weight. Simple. This website is merely a way to track and log your food easily, it doesn't make suggestions on how to arrange your specific food plan.
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think you're in luck, because you're much more aware and in control of what you're eating when you are making your foods and logging them. MFP is sure to help you plan ahead and avoid those foods that don't sit well with you.