Starting over...again

Options
Hi there- I’m a 50+ wife,
Mom and Mimi who has very little time to myself. I really need to get serious about getting fit and healthy. It doesn’t get any easier the older I get. I’m looking for ladies who can relate, are on a similar path and help keep me accountable.

Replies

• TriathleteDeb
    TriathleteDeb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day. Congrats for restarting.
  • WandaBgood
    WandaBgood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done you, starting over. I'm starting over as well. MFP has worked very well for me and then I fell off the wagon. I'm back with the program and have 40-50 lbs to loose. My picture is no longer accurate needless to say. We can do this. Take care and best wishes with your journey.
  • aprilb7041
    aprilb7041 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. 46 Wife, mom and nana. I work from home so real exercise is nonexistent. But I need to do this. And there is no better day to begin than right now
  • cwnman
    cwnman Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I turn 50 this summer. Mom, wife, nurse, meme.....I stay busy. 50 lbs to lose. We can do this!
  • uhura2
    uhura2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Made the decision today to get back on track. Turned 70 last September, reasonably fit and active, just need to cut out snacking! Cheers to all of us for giving it another go.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Almost 61 and re-started on March 1 (or about then). I've never figured out how to stay losing for long--I get too hungry, so I need to explore more options for protein. I don't like meat or poultry. I like tuna and TVP (texturized vegetable protein) so I have to start buying those again. My first 10 days have been "successful" in that I show a loss of 3 lbs or so. But I've gotten too hungry and it's been a struggle since the 7th. Hoping to find my way to sustained healthy eating, this time around.
  • juanitajohnston
    juanitajohnston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm restarting from scratch (plus a few pounds = Boo) so its nice to see I'm not alone. Please feel free to ad me.
  • NikitaGandhi
    NikitaGandhi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have bi polar and I’ve relapsed many times but for some reason these past 2 years have been the hardiest I’ve ever experienced to lose weight but yet I’ve had the most flexible hours at work. I work out well for a week and then very soon I start on my binge again
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 55, wife, mother and mimi. I started working from home child with some travel for the last 5 years... and between this and menopause I've slowly put on 10÷ pounds. Just can't seem to stay motivated long enough to do something about it. I'm tying to recommit and find a way with my zero (sitting st my desk all day) to 100 (travel with little time and grabbing food along the way) changing schedule. I would love to find some help and motivation from those that understand.
  • sadl51
    sadl51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here we go again huh? 69 years old and STILL dieting. Started dieting when I was 14 (TOPS) and have been dieting ever since. I have done it all, but always give up before I reach my goal. I am determined to feel better so I will stick with it. In response to the protein problem, I love Premier protein. I don't like meat, so I supplement with Protein shake. Only caveat, my Dr. told me to only drink 8 oz at a time instead of the full 11 oz because the body can't break down more than that at a time. It will store the rest as fat.
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    So end of another week... How's everyone doing? So far so good here. Down about .8. Keep telling myself... gotta do this, you can do this! 🙂
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    @Shandke You got this!!
  • Cheribuckala
    Cheribuckala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, about 45 to lose, and starting again. Originally lost 100 lbs, and over time it has just keeps coming back on. So before I put the rest back on, here I am. Today is day one part B.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm down 4 lbs in roughly 2 weeks. My weight has fluctuated a lot and thankfully, I don't react to the day-to-day picture; I watch the trend. I like that I can see a graph for different time periods; this is for 30 days, even though I haven't been logging that long.

scr76qg5mpbd.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    A lot of great energy on this thread. If you want to try a team approach, with tons of support and great people connections, the Fat2Fit group is taking new registrations. Give it a try!

FAT 2 FIT APRIL REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!!!!

Looking for a support group?
    Looking to get as much as you give?

Fat 2 Fit is inviting you to join! We have been around for over 4 years now - going strong.

We are a weight loss challenge and support group. We have teams for accountability and challenges for motivation.

Come join the best bunch of losers on MFP :)

Click here to see what we are all about:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us? Click here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789583/april-registration#latest