Weight loss that came with a wife

Regardless of my weight loss situation or my journey, MyFitnessPal will always have a special place in my heart. Why you ask, well, it found my wife when I wasn't even looking.

I was brand new to Chicago at the very beginning of 2013, looking for nothing more than to continue to lose weight in my new city. I had already been logging for a few months regularly and posted in a Windy City Forum asking for recommendations.

I am by no means a social person or heavily interactive on the site, so when I got a private message from a local Chicagoan welcoming me to the city, I didnt think much of it. Fast forward 3 months and we became daily pen pals, swapping messages multiple times a day through the app.

I finally got up the nerve to meet her in person, with absolutely no discussion on romantic interest from either side. In fact, neither of us knew that the other was gay.

Fast forward to 2020. We have been together for 7 years, married for 2.5. We both continuously log our calories after a 80 pound weight loss (me) and a 50 pound loss (her). Our love of food is still there, as is our desire to remain healthy.

So whenever someone asks me how I do it; I always recommend MFP. And hey...you might get a wife out of it too.
top4sgxvjwx2.jpg

Replies

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Beautiful! Congrats on your marriage and your weight loss! 💕
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    What a lovely story to start my day with <3

Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Awwwww, lovely!! <3 Congrats!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Such a beautiful story!! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Oh my gosh, glowing from your glow! Heart warmed, and thank you for sharing your lovely story and beautiful wedding photo!!
  • knightmagic
    knightmagic Posts: 100 Member
    This is a beautiful story! Your dresses are beautiful too!! Congrats!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited February 2020
    I love your story and the beautiful pic.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    What a lovely story. Thanks for sharing and I wish you two the best!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    What a beautiful start to my day! Thanks so much for sharing your love story <3
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    I absolutely LOVE this!!! Congrats to you and your partner!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    What a sweet story. Congrats on your weight loss and for finding love.
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Congratulations!!! What a beautiful story and couple! This makes my heart so happy!!!
  • MsWax
    MsWax Posts: 32 Member
    What an awesome story! You both look stunning in your gowns. Congrats!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    This is gorgeous in every way! Love your story!
    Congrats to you both!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!