Treadmill is dead, please help!

Options
I'm here as a last resort and I hope someone can offer some advice or someone has dealt with this before.

My treadmill will not "turn on". I was running and it just shut off, this had happened a few times before and turned back on after a few minutes, this time it refuses to turn back on.

There is a breaker but I don't think it is tripped, there is power getting to the circuit board and the lines after the breaker are hot. When I plug the power cord in a few red lights on the main circuit board turn on, one of them turns off right away.

All black/positive lines appear to have power....

Anyone experience this?

smf9prjz205g.jpg

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can figure out from here is kind of a "captain obvious" thing especially since I'm an editor and not an electrician, but.... let's see. At face value, something seems to be overheating. The reason why.... something could have shorted out, a connection may be bad, so many possibilities. Do you have a multimeter, or a friend who does? https://healthyhandyman.com/voltmeter-vs-multimeter/ And hopefully you can find the manual/specs for this thing online if you don't have the paper copy.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    It may be the monitor. This happened on my exercise bike shortly after I started riding and it's old so I can't replace the monitor. My dad's a computer engineer and came across a post from Googling it on how to override the monitor and made an electrical box with a switch to increase and decrease resistance. There's a clump of wires coming off the bike and I'm clueless on what level resistance I'm actually on but it was a free solution. Perhaps there's a way to do this with the treadmill.
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    It may be the monitor. This happened on my exercise bike shortly after I started riding and it's old so I can't replace the monitor. My dad's a computer engineer and came across a post from Googling it on how to override the monitor and made an electrical box with a switch to increase and decrease resistance. There's a clump of wires coming off the bike and I'm clueless on what level resistance I'm actually on but it was a free solution. Perhaps there's a way to do this with the treadmill.

That's an interesting approach, Im not picky and familiar with electrical; I could skip everything and go directly to a switch for the motor!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My recommendation would be to call a service tech. My 12 year old TM was acting up and a service call was about $100 here in Ottawa and buddy got it back up and running.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The forums at https://www.treadmilldoctor.com are great. I'd check there to see if anyone has any ideas.

Good luck.