Hello

Options
Tuesday 11th February 2020
So here iam heavier than ever still not lost a single pound still binge eating and wondering how the hell did i get here?. last year in 2019 id promised my self each month id loose weight and eat better then each week then it became each day.It got to the point where id say ' its ok ill start again tomorrow'.Then i realised that the new year 2020 was soon on the horizon so i promised my self from new years day onward id loose weight.Well that didn't happen either so i told myself it's ok we will start on your birthday. 1/2/2020 came around yet again ive not succeed.
So today ive really decided to do something ive calculated my BMI which is. 39. according to the NHS website im at risk of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.this sh**ts scary!
Everyday i say right today's the day ill loose weight and eat well. For some reason in the morning im really good. i eat oats and fruit and seeds and i dont tend to crave anything sugary until around 1pm. And thats where it all goes down hill form there.And to be honest this is the circle i keep going in over and over again and i cannot risk anymore weight gain.
So ive decided to record my progress and share with the world.
Weds 12.2.2020 - Doing something about it
BMI - 39 Recommended calories intake to loose weight - 1859cal to 2391
Current daily calorie intake -3500+ anywhere upto 5000.
Goal/Plan
• To reduce my calorie intake over the next 7 days (until 18th feb) by 100cal a day.
• To record my progress and write down my journey.
• To research daily on weight loss science and other peoples journeys
• To record EVERYTHING i eat in calories.
• To go running/walking daily for 1hour (no cutting corners) you need to go for an hour minimum for calories to start burning.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME IM AT A LOSS HERE IM ALSO ON QUTIAPINE AND MIRTAZAPINE WHICH MAKES ME SO HUNGRY AT BEDTIME ITS UNBEARABLE EVEN AFTER A MEAL. IVE PUT 8 STONE ON IN A YEAR BECAUSE OF THIS PLEASE HELP ME. I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY EITHER SO IM STUCK TO PAY FOR DIET PLANS.

thanks sorry im just so desperate :(

Replies

• WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am not familiar with that medication but you should definitely discuss this with your doctor telling him or her that you have gained weight due to it causing hunger at bedtime even after a meal. It could be interfering with your hormones, so ask to have those checked out as well. Definitely ask a doctor because I know very little about medicine, or science since my education is in business and fashion. lol.

But I am good at math and stats so based on the recommended calories and compared to what you currently eat, there will be a great deficit, so that will help you lose weight as well as adding in some exercise like you have mentioned. It is good you are committing to 1 hour a day of exercise, don't start running quickly in attempt to burn as much as you can, then you will be too exhausted to do it again. So maybe start off walking slowly for an hour and then build up the pace daily so that in a few weeks you would walk briskly, and then a few weeks later jog, and then be able to run.

Also, BMI is not the best measure of fitness and certainly not a good measure of health. Yes, high BMI is correlated to the increased risk of high blood pressure, and diabetes as you have mentioned but you need to see a doctor to determine your actual risks. Family history plays an even bigger role in calculating your risks so be sure to discuss that. My BMI is a 22.3, its in the healthy range but that doesn't mean its ideal to me because I still need to lose weight based on how I want to look. So the BMI is not really a good indicator of anything really, since a lot of athletes have an obese BMI, but they are not medically obese since they are healthy. BMI is just one of those myths that are so outdated which is explained in this article.