40's women

Hello all. I turn 46 in June and I just weighed myself yesterday and found out I gained 40 pounds somehow since I moved here to FL about 3 years ago. This is even more of a "whoops" considering that I had lost over 100 and was doing great. I hadn't weighed myself in a while and have been feeling pretty horrible about myself. I had my first workout yesterday after skipping the gym for a while. It went good.

I'm going through this weird pissed off, kinda lost 40 gal thing and feel like I need to "find my fierce". Time to go back in the gym and get it out and stop eating my emotions and re-establish good habits.

Replies

• dkob22
    dkob22 Posts: 1 Member
    I feel your pain. I have gained about 25 lbs in the past year and I feel like I need to buckle down to make a change, but then i want to quit by 5pm everyday. I have so many mondays I just want a tuesday. Does that make sense.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    dkob22 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I have gained about 25 lbs in the past year and I feel like I need to buckle down to make a change, but then i want to quit by 5pm everyday. I have so many mondays I just want a tuesday. Does that make sense.

I feel disgusting and my self-esteem is in the toilet. Every day is a struggle. By the end of the day the last thing I'm thinking about is exercise.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    edited February 2020
    So sorry you feel like this. It WILL pass, and if you’ve previously lost all that weight, you have the knowledge and skills to do it again.

Baby steps. If you love the gym and want to go, great. If not, be kind to yourself.

Add an extra 5 min walking each day. Eat one spoonful less. Log accurately. Many people find that just the act of logging logging makes eating more “mindful” and helps prevent so called “automatic eating”. It all adds up.

It’ll take time to make changes but don’t beat yourself up in the meantime.

Hang in there.

(42, lost 12kg /26 pounds, now maintaining and currently happy in my skin)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Must be the water in FL. My gf and I both gained weight when we moved there too :lol:

Not to worry about your age - there are plenty of women your age and a lot older who have lost weight and kept it off :)

Regular exercise is key to my metal health. I'm able to exercise during my lunch break. At other points in my life it's been before work, or after dinner. Often I have to force myself to start, and am always glad I did.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Sorry you're feeling so down but you know what to do. Per a few things mentioned in your OP, start weighing yourself regularly again. Eat just a little less of each meal / portion. Be more active.

You don't have to go to a gym but find an activity or several that you like. Something you look forward to is ideal.

As far as "eating your emotions" stop yourself before eating mindlessly and ask yourself WHY you're reaching for food. Will it solve whatever you're feeling? If not, find something that will.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hi

Ill be 47 early June and after a. year stepped on the scale and gained 13 pounds (after working damn hard to shed 25+ last year)
    Back on the horse..LOL

Good luck
    kim
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member

I feel disgusting and my self-esteem is in the toilet. Every day is a struggle. By the end of the day the last thing I'm thinking about is exercise.

It’s a little weight. Please don’t turn it into a judgement of your self-worth. It has nothing to do with your value as a human being.

(((((Hugs)))))) 💗
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

It’s a little weight. Please don’t turn it into a judgement of your self-worth. It has nothing to do with your value as a human being.

(((((Hugs)))))) 💗

Thanks for that 💕