Who you lost contact with

1sphere
1sphere Posts: 4,112 Member
Do you ever wonder about the people you met at some point in life, who you lost contact with?
Maybe some people you went to school with? I don't think about it that much, but sometimes I wonder what people are up to.

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    there's a handful here and there i wonder about, people i was friendly with or otherwise acquainted back in the day.
    but if we parted on good terms then its not so worrisome.

like you can't spend all your time worrying about other people otherwise you're gonna get an ulcer. at the least i hope they all hit it rich one day and i'll be proud to say im the sort of person who hits them up out of the blue to borrow money.
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Definitely. I think that's part of human nature.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Yep. Mostly my high school boyfriend. I don't carry a torch for him or anything like that (really!) but he's not on social media and I would love to know what he's like, what he's up to, etc. We were honestly really good friends back in those days - far more so than a real romance type of deal - so I'd love to just be in touch.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Not really, if we lost contact there's probably a reason. There's people I'm still trying to forget though

This. And I know they still think about me from time to time because they spy on my FB, get pissed off about spying and then deactivate their account or delete it. They have a pattern.

Other people? Yeah, I kinda hate that I lost contact with them, but we were just too different and it was probably for the best. No ill will toward them though.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Yep, a few people. One girl I was super close friends with in school, then halfway through high school her dad got transferred and she moved to another province. A woman I went to uni with who moved out of town long ago. And a woman I used to work with whose dad died and she kinda dropped off the face of the earth (also moved, back to her home town). All of them predate the email era.

None are on social media, at least not with any connection to the surnames I knew for them.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Oh yeah. People come and go. Some moved, some changed in their personality, some got so political I couldn't stand it.... Sometimes it's a terrible disappointment, sometimes I'm glad..... The only constant in life is change it seems.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    That's when you Google them. Problem with looking up girls is they keep getting married so who knows what to look up anymore?
    People aren't really using Fb like a few years ago and I don't know what the new hot Stalker site is yet but I will bc I'm for sure still part of the cool crowd. 😎🤠
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    As a child I never considered anyone a friend, just an associate because all I ever desired, was to dedicate myself to a career, husband, children & pets. If I did've friends, they'd be my husband's friends and/or my children's friend's parents.

What bothers me though're the deaths of my otherwise seemingly physically healthy classmates & 1 neighbor {my age}, especially since I myself've been physically gravely ill many times &'ve been unable, to even work. Thereby I always expected to be the 1st 1 of them, to naturally die. I know 2 deaths, were suicides but I don't know the cause of death, for the others or how many, now.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Yes. Many people. A few former lovers. I wonder who on that list have died. My name is unique so people can check my Twitter and Instagram accounts for what is happening in my life. I only tweet once a year roughly so it's pretty easy.

I developed a crush at school on a girl. She actually worked with my parents for a while. I found her Facebook account but she's chosen to not have her photo there. I still dream about her every 6 months or so.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Old Friends and Acquaintances ??

Good Lord...... I hope I'm never found.

• greenmeanie1995
    greenmeanie1995 Posts: 6 Member
    I dated a man who was madly in love with me, and I was madly in love with him. We lost contact only because he passed away. If he were still here, we'd be married by now.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Yeah, I wonder. I google around a little. Once or twice I’ve reached out. A few have reached out to me. Usually there are friends in common so that makes it easy. The things that caused distance get sifted until you finally know which ones matter. Time is cool.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Yes I do, mostly school friends. I've reconnected with a couple people on facebook.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    The people I wonder about are the people I don't remember why or understand why I lost contact with, like there wasn't a good reason - it just evolved, and I miss them from time to time in a nostalgic way.

I recently tracked down (but didn't contact) yet a friend that I let slip away...I was happy to find she moved to the place she loved and was (apparently) working as a photographer (her desired profession). Made me feel good to know!
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    I lost contact with some good friends i was in the service with. I thought we would be friends for life.....but didnt happen. Great memories, and some tough ones too. That will have to be enough it seems.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Nice thread. There was one girl in school who left a year earlier than I did. Still in the same city, she wrote me a letter. I never replied. 40 years on, I still feel guilty and would like to apologise.