Gluten/wheat free - need some support!

Options
Hey all,

I'm looking for support from other gluten/wheat free individuals. I'm finding that gluten can sneak into things I would have never guessed!

I got glutened over the weekend, and now I'm getting the usual symptoms - hives, sinus pain and congestion, as well as feeling somewhat depressed.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• MalinLondon
    MalinLondon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am intolerant to wheat, grains and legumes and that is why I eat Paleo/Primal inspired diet. My diary is open! =)
  • dobermomof3
    Options
    I feel that when I get accident gluten, I am depressed and my husband says I get gluten grouchy!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free. If you have questions feel free to ask me.

Also depending on how sensitive you are, your body can also think the protein in milk and coffee is gluten and make you sick. In the end I try to reduce those items as much as possible and avoid eating anything not made at home. Getting glutened can be as simple as eating a plain chip out of a bag after someone eating pizza has stuck their hand in. Or the server picking up a dirty knife to cut your glutenfree sandwich.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm GF! Oh the joys :D
  • cgm117
    cgm117 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiacs four years ago and have been gluten free since that time. Unfortunately cross-contamination will happen from time to time, especially if you're eating out. Gluten can be found in cosmetics as well as medication, so always read all labels carefully.
  • jeda1231
    jeda1231 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i have a gluten intolerance / allergy!!! not as bad of symptoms as yours but still obnoxious - started eating gluten free in February!! Let's be friends!! :)
  • lkirschner1
    Options
    I have been gluten free since October 15, 2012 at my doctor's recommendation (actually, three doctors) due to a gluten allergy, and have never been happier! I had horrible allergy symptoms, headaches 3-4 times/week, a rash on my hands, an itchy scalp, major fatigue, frequent colds and gastro issues, but none of the drs could ever figure out what was wrong with me. It was the best thing that I've ever done and I won't ever go back to eating gluten again (outside of the occasional accidental slip-up). Would love to get to know other GF folks for support, recipe ideas, etc.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    there is a whole gluten free group you should check out.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    <--- Gluten free with an open diary ... :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free too and recently went grain free trying to figure out what else I can't tolerate. I'm thinking it's corn but I just gave up and went grain free to try to heal. Cross contamination is a pain but hard to avoid at times. You can friend me and I'm in the GF group.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't have Celiac, but I am sensitive to gluten. Feel free to add me :)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    there is a whole gluten free group you should check out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm gluten free and keep my diary open.