Carb cycling and timing of workouts

MargotDileno
MargotDileno Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I’ve read into carb cycling and how you’re supposed to have higher carbs on lift days. Does it matter if the lift is before or after the carbs? Are the carbs best for fuel or recovery in this situation? (I like to workout first thing in the morning before i eat and unsure if carb cycling is beneficial in this context)

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Unless you are an athlete or advanced bodybuilder trying to squeeze out that 1% then I wouldn't worry too much on overcomplicating it with strict rules.

I would pay attention to how you feel with higher carbs, how it affects your workouts and adherence. Typically people eat more carbs on lifting days, however others prefer it on recovery days and like the fuel for the next day. Neither is less optimal as long as it works for you and has you performing your best.

But before you do all that, make sure you get the hang of tracking your macros and hitting your calorie goal first. Again if you have been doing that for a while and feel ready to take it to the next level go for it.