Question about BMR

Options
I have lazy heart syndrome, because of that my heart rate very rarely goes over 140bpm. That being said I'm starting to wonder if its effecting my BMR. I started my new routine in November and between then and January 14th I went from 141lb to 125lb. That sounds great but over the last 3-4 weeks that scale has started heading in the wrong direction. I'm back up to 130lb. I've consistently, since November stayed under 900 cal a day and have worked out 6-7 days a week. I wear a heart monitor during my workout and have noticed that its dropping off more mid-workout so I wondered if anyone would know if that could effect my BMR. Today it dropped off while i was doing burpees to 38bpm to give you an idea. I have a BMI scale and its showing I've actually gained a full pound of fat even after doubling down with 700cal less than 100 carbs and less than 30 sugars a day. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    A lot to unpack here, but my first question is: How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • Ariyamama
    Ariyamama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking the intake through the myfitnesspal app. Using barcodes on pre-packed foods like protein shakes or powder and adding meals I cook by ingredient and then saving it as a meal for ease later on. I have addison's disease so I don't make cortisol well. They have me on a replacement therapy but it's the bare minimum in dosage. That's part of the reason I'm trying to get in shape. The treatment plan for this disease has a diminished return.
  • Ariyamama
    Options
    I should have mentioned I am VERY short. Im just under 4'8". As I'm at 35% now, was 38% body fat so according to the doctor I am "extremely obese". Measurements come in at 44BX34WX32H so I'm carrying a lot of it around the middle. My cardiologist suggested weight lifting (low stress on my heart) and a 850 to 1000 cal a day diet. They don't want me to eliminate carbs but rather focus on good fats and proteins. I've been doing weight lifting at the suggestion of the doctors, as it will help with the steroid weight gain. I don't have a follow up with my endocrinologist for another few weeks but the whole team is supposed to be talking to each other, I assumed all my doctors were on the same page.
  • Ariyamama
    Options
    I started the steroids about 8 years ago when they figured out I had addison's but since they've had to up my dose, with my size, we're entering liver damage territory. There is some concern that fat gain in these circumstances might be signs of liver issues.