Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Can't find the pavlova recipe

sue2wrightsue2wright Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
in Recipes
I saw a recipe posted last week for pavlova made with cocoa and greek yogurt topped with raspberries. I can't find it now and I have looked through all the recipes. Does anyone know where I can find it on this app?

Replies

• sue2wrightsue2wright Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Just found it online. 😊 Want to make it for hubby's birthday.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,031Member Member Posts: 8,031Member Member
    sue2wright wrote: »
    I saw a recipe posted last week for pavlova made with cocoa and greek yogurt topped with raspberries. I can't find it now and I have looked through all the recipes. Does anyone know where I can find it on this app?

Pavlova made with greek yogurt? How? Where?
    edited February 13
  • deannalfisherdeannalfisher Posts: 5,371Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,371Member, Premium Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

This just makes no sense - sugar and egg whites are pavlova

Exactly why I asked to see the recipe for this abomination.
  • oocdc2oocdc2 Posts: 1,257Member Member Posts: 1,257Member Member

Behold: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/chocolate-pavlovas-for-two/
    oocdc2 wrote: »

Behold: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/chocolate-pavlovas-for-two/

Thats not what I was expecting. Whipped yogurt is no game changer :)
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Posts: 7,314Member Member Posts: 7,314Member Member
    Little disappointing on presentation, reminds me of the fake poos in a game I bought for my friends kids.
  • bmeadows380bmeadows380 Posts: 1,549Member Member Posts: 1,549Member Member
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,490Member Member Posts: 4,490Member Member
    To cut down on calories in a pavlova, I would replace half the sugar in the meringue for equal volume Splenda. Cacao is a fun addition. I would stretch the traditional whipped cream topping with either ready made custard or yoghurt. I would use a seasonal fruit. So in the winter with sliced pears I would stretch whipped cream with yoghurt to add tartness normally supplied by summer berries. You don't need much of the cream mixture, just enough so that the fruit sticks to the meringue. You would need to garnish pear pavlova with mint leaves to make this look reasonably attractive.