Motivation for the day - thoughts?

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    Motivation can come from many sources - one of those sources has to be within you!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    To the Arnold: Sure. Self-confidence comes from trying stuff, working at it, succeeding, and deciding that if you did that once, you can do it again (maybe with something even just a little harder). Never trying anything doesn't get you anywhere, and just plain isn't much fun.

For me, it's tough to use something like that as motivation for anything more than a day, though; and weight management and fitness are lifelong efforts. They're more about habits and discipline, IMO, than motivation, struggle, or strength.

Me, personally, I s*ck at discipline, so I need to think about habits, plus gaming my personality/inclinations in order to accomplish what I want in the realms of nutrition and fitness. As a confirmed long-term hedonist, that means figuring out how to make today's eating delicious, and activity fun, for current Ann's pleasure; while dialing in nutrition, fitness, and proper calories so future Ann has a chance to be happy, too.

YMMV.