New Here, Looking for Friends

Options
Amberger92
Amberger92 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, all! I'm Amber. I'm a 210 pound, twenty-something anime and video game geek. I'm really looking to maintain more than lose at the moment because I'm pregnant, though due to my starting weight and BMI my doctors have cleared me to continue losing if I want to. I'm not new to weight loss. My highest weight was 252 lbs, and I made it all the way down to 189 lbs before finding out about my pregnancy. I had thought I would be able to maintain on my own, but cravings have gotten the best of me, and I've found that without something like calorie counting to keep me focused things have gotten out of hand. So, I've joined MFP to keep me on track, and plan to continue using it once Baby is born to reach my goal of 125 lbs. Feel free to add me! ^-^

Replies

• beginning56
    beginning56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well first...Congratulations on the baby. You're top priority is to eat enough healthy foods for the baby. So I think it is a great time to start some healthy eating habits. Try to incorporate fruit and veggies instead of cookies and chips (even though you may be craving that sweetness) You will be so surprised that after a few weeks of no sweets and those processed carbs, you'll be craving the veggies. Cut up some cucumbers-maybe sprinkle with garlic salt, buy a bag of the small carrots-which are great with some hummus. I find if I don't buy the junk and processed foods, I'm forced to eat what I have- the fruit and veggies! You're right, tracking the calories really helps. I'm glad you joined MFP. Don't be so hard on yourself though...even if you loose just a little, or remain the same during your pregnancy, this is a very special time for you, and its very important to make healthy choices for both you and baby. Debbie