Stalled for a Week

I have been 273 since last Friday. I am intermittent fasting, sticking to a ketogenic diet, logging my meals and drinking only sparkling or flat water. Is this normal? What is the best way to break this?

I have lost 39lbs since November. Please help so I can correct whatever it is I may be doing wrong. Please be kind.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Totally normal, no need to change anything unless it sticks at the same weight for weeks.

feyz34to1aqn.jpg
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    4ko48ia12iib.jpg
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Relax. You have been losing an average of around 10 lbs a month that is huge. 1 week is not a stall.
    Some things that could be at play
    1. Weight loss is not linear
    2. Time of month
    3. If you have a bit pf a cold or something that can cause inflammation
    4. A bit extra salt or sugar can cause wayer retention
    5. A change in exercise can cause water retention

Keep on keeping on and the weight will come off. This is a lifetime not a week goal
    Congratulations on your progress so far
  • mooshca7
    mooshca7 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for all the insight! I do appreciate your time
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    First off, that is incredible that you have been so successful thus far, so well done. I agree, this is totally normal but you should continue to monitor and make slight adjustments if necessary. Goodluck and keep up the good work!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I watched the Biggest Loser last night. This poor girl who worked out hours every day and ate 1200 calories lost one single pound. All the trainers said the body just works on its own timeline. You have to push through. I'm not a fan of fad diets... remember how you lose it is how you have to maintain the weight forever? Can you'd o that on your plan?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    These stalls are when I most love my food scale. I know I am in a calorie deficit because of that amazing little device. As long as I know that, I don't panic when my weight stalls for a week or even two. It will come off. Interestingly enough, mine seems to give me a drop within a day of having a higher calorie day.. my guess is because those higher calories generally come from a greasy indulgence that gets things.. moving along, if you know what I mean.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    mooshca7 wrote: »
    I have been 273 since last Friday. I am intermittent fasting, sticking to a ketogenic diet, logging my meals and drinking only sparkling or flat water. Is this normal? What is the best way to break this?

I have lost 39lbs since November. Please help so I can correct whatever it is I may be doing wrong. Please be kind.

Your body's gotten used to whatever you're doing and you need to shake things up. Are you exercising? My input is you need to eat some complex carbs to give your body energy, do more intense cardio, and see what that does. The idea is to rev up your metabolism
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    I watched the Biggest Loser last night. This poor girl who worked out hours every day and ate 1200 calories lost one single pound. All the trainers said the body just works on its own timeline. You have to push through. I'm not a fan of fad diets... remember how you lose it is how you have to maintain the weight forever? Can you'd o that on your plan?

Did you buy it? I want to watch it too
  • dbybe
    dbybe Posts: 2 Member

Never watch those shows. The weight loss expectations are un-realistic. They also workout to the extreme. Who has the time to do that unless you are being paid to be on a reality show. Keep the calorie deficit going. Some days the deficit will be big, and others not so big. Some days you may even be a bit over. It is all OK. The weight will come off over time. Good luck. Don, Sacramento

• annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 142 Member
    serindipte wrote: »
    These stalls are when I most love my food scale. I know I am in a calorie deficit because of that amazing little device. As long as I know that, I don't panic when my weight stalls for a week or even two. It will come off. Interestingly enough, mine seems to give me a drop within a day of having a higher calorie day.. my guess is because those higher calories generally come from a greasy indulgence that gets things.. moving along, if you know what I mean.

Yup, I recently had a two week stretch where I wasn't losing. I also had my TOM, and I started a new lifting routine, so was retaining more water. I just kept weighing my food and remaining in a deficit, and in the past week I've had a 1.6lb drop! Don't get discouraged, remember you're doing all the right things, and you've been doing great so far!