Who else eats out of boredom?

JustineJCO
JustineJCO Posts: 14 Member
On and off for the last two years I've been trying to lose weight. I'll lose 3-5 lb and then again it right back. My daily calorie goal is 1220 which I stick to most days. I noticed I eat out of boredom therefore I can't lose weight ugh. I log everything I eat but once I done logged I'll still continue to eat out of boredom. I keep myself busy pretty much during the day is just at night that I'll just eat anything just cause it's there

Replies

• neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    ayeeeeeeok wrote: »
    I’ve put on 2 stone due to depression and continuous suicidal thoughts over the past year and a half or so. I can’t stop ordering takeaways on days I can’t force myself out of bed or to leave the house to go food shopping. I’m trying my best to get help but honestly I’m bored constantly and I just eat everything to try and cope with how I feel

That must be so frustrating for you. The fact that you have come on here is a positive step though, hopefully the first of many. :) This can be a great place as there are many people on here that you can reach out to and will offer advice and support if you ever need it or even just to talk about random S##t. lol Maybe concentrate on making small changes each day to your routine, write down your feelings, maybe in a diary. No matter how small these changes can be they can make a difference. Maybe go outside for a walk even if its only for 5 minutes and then you can build on this from there. Hope you feel better soon,
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    ayeeeeeeok wrote: »
    Thankyou all for reaching out 🤗 I’ve tried all of that so it really just comes down to me as a person. I’m going to try and go to the gym tomorrow even if it’s just for 15/20 minutes. I order takeaway 3-4 times a week and I don’t even enjoy them it’s literally boredom because of how I feel. I used to be super energetic and ate healthy every single day and even motivated my friend to start her fitness and health journey! I want to find who I used to be again 😌 💪🏻

Im sure you will,🙌 even if its 15 to 20 minutes its a step in the right direction. You will get back to there, just don't lose hope and keep it going.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    JustineJCO wrote: »
    On and off for the last two years I've been trying to lose weight. I'll lose 3-5 lb and then again it right back. My daily calorie goal is 1220 which I stick to most days. I noticed I eat out of boredom therefore I can't lose weight ugh. I log everything I eat but once I done logged I'll still continue to eat out of boredom. I keep myself busy pretty much during the day is just at night that I'll just eat anything just cause it's there

I do this, I find if I paint my nails it helps - you can't eat much with wet nails lol
    Also I recently started doing jigsaw puzzles on the ipad, it sounds a bit lame but some are really hard and before you know it a couple of hours have passed and its nearly bedtime.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Could it be possible that if you raise your caloric intake above 1220 to a little bit more you might be better satisfied and then eat less? What types of foods do you normally eat on a regular day? I think I could possibly help you with this.