** Seeking Consistent Exercisers as Friends **

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Jen, and I've been on MFP for a little over 8 years now.

In regards to working out consistency, I have spent the past 13 years going from having a dedicated workout ethic and getting to a healthy weight for myself (personal best at 127 lbs / 57kg / 9 stone on a 5'3 / 153cm frame), to gaining it all back when succumbing through some serious bouts of anxiety & depression.

For the past month, I have been going to the gym about 4-6 times per week, usually at 5:45am because the weight racks are typically empty then. I'll come back in the afternoons for classes ( yoga / zumba / tai chi / kickboxing ), and am typically in bed at 9pm to do it all over again.

I'm REALLY wanting to add some friends who are also consistently logging in some type of physical exercise almost every single day. MFP has changed a lot over the years, and it'd be great to have a feed where I feel inspired by the people I follow.

On my end, I don't really care what you're eating, and probably won't be looking at your food diary. So, if that kind of thing makes you uncomfortable, chances are you won't be getting any raised eyebrows from my direction ;)

Thanks for checking out my post, and hope to see you around! ^_^
~ Jen

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Edit: Oops, I see there's another, more active one of these elsewhere.

Well, I'm pretty consistently active, both in terms of using MFP and fitness. I currently have a slightly scaled back workout routine because I'm in grad school and have a inconvenient schedule this semester. My current schedule is lifting 3x a week with cardio and pilates.

I can relate to the weight regain - I've been on MFP for going on eight years and in that time I finished my undergraduate degree, entered the workforce full time, moved states three times, had several different high-stress jobs, and left my field to return to school. Unsurprisingly, my weight fluctuated throughout, but if anything I am healthier now than I ever have been, although slightly heavier than my best.

Also, I appreciate your PP - I use fitness and nutrition to self-medicate for anxiety, but that comic describes how I feel 90% of the time 🤣
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Edit: Oops, I see there's another, more active one of these elsewhere.

Well, I'm pretty consistently active, both in terms of using MFP and fitness. I currently have a slightly scaled back workout routine because I'm in grad school and have a inconvenient schedule this semester. My current schedule is lifting 3x a week with cardio and pilates.

Hi there~! Thanks so much for responding to my post anyway! :) I put them in the 3 threads that I thought might garner the best support.

Grad school is no joke! The fact that you're still working towards your goals while studying is incredible! Your journey sounds absolutely wild, and I would love to have someone who is still as dedicated as they can be (and gets the struggle) be a friend! thank you very much :D

And, I'm glad my PP made you laugh XD Sometimes I wonder if my face looks like that all day long...lol