Rowing

I can’t sit more than 10 minutes

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2020
    Rowing

Droning away on pretty much any piece of stationary cardio equipment is pretty much the most boring exercise ever. The only way I can do stationary cardio and enjoy it is in a spin class.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Literally any cardio machine. Treadmill, elliptical, stair-stepper, stationary bike, rowing machine. UGH kill me.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    It's funny. I cannot spend any time on an elliptical or treadmill. But I love a spin class.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Stairmaster. Longest 5 minutes of my life.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Like @AnnPT77 mentioned, doing a focused workout is a good distraction. I have an indoor trainer and can only get a decent chunk of time in if I am doing an interval type YouTube workout (I enjoy seeing the various locations as well!). Our neighborhood is a .86 mile loop and after 2 years is becoming more and more like an outdoor dreadmill :D I have started some various training programs to break the monotony and it is working well!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Probably the stationary bike for me. I don't find them comfortable either. I prefer different types of aerobics or kickboxing with interesting choreography to upbeat music.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited February 2020
    Running. I do it cause it's a quick massive calorie burn but I get so bored
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    I get pretty bored quickly with any activity that doesn't have some element of creativity or exploration. Just about any workout will be interesting to me at first while I'm learning because I'm mentally engaged, but then it gets dull once it becomes routine. Heck, even flying trapeze got a little dull for me when I got past the beginner "honeymoon" phase and had to start spending hours just training swing timing.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Nothing.. Probably because im out of shape
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Strength training is the most boring thing I have to do. If I don't make myself do it one time I tend to drop it completely, then guilt myself into starting it again after a while because "I have to". I need to pay attention to form and count, so I'm hyper focused on the exercise and every minute feels like an hour.

I'm that oddball who likes things like the treadmill. I like my activity to happen without thinking about it or to disguise itself as play time. Listening to audiobooks, watching Netflix, playing certain games on the switch while using the treadmill... etc. My body moves while I'm engaged with something else. I enjoy play activity, like laser tag, hiking treasure hunts, ring fit adventure on the switch...etc. Again, same concept, I'm engaged with the entertainment aspect and the exercise aspect comes more easily when it's in the background.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    I'm going to be in the minority here, I actually use stationary cardio every day, but I wouldn't be able to do any cardio or strength training without music, then my workout fizzles within 5 minutes. I have playlists for each type of exercise. At home I ride a recumbent bike which means I can read while I work out, so I save my novels for that time period. Gym I do the stair treadmill most the time, sometimes the elliptical, then weights. Walking through my neighborhood is probably the most boring thing I do, I just got a Fitbit so I'll be more tempted to walk now. I thought yoga would be the worst as I'm more of an "attack' mindset when I work out but I started it in January and love it, I actually CAN relax!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I used to think it was all boring. Now, I don't think any of it is boring, even isolation work like bicep curls.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Rowing

I enjoy rowing & riding on my trainer in winter but the treadmill bores me to death.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I can only do an hour of cardio machines if I watch TV on my iPad. I don't watch TV at any other time, so it is kind of a treat, actually.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I use my spin bike every day and the most productive sessions are when I let my mind drift off listening to music. Before I know it, 30-40 minutes are up. Other days I find myself looking at the clock every couple minutes...those days suck!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    I used to hate the treadmill, but recently ended up with one in my basement, so I can crank up the music and watch music videos on YouTube, and that makes it better... sadly, so does playing games on my phone while I'm warming up on it... Also - spin class (with the right instructor) totally rocks!

Most boring exercise ever - StairMaster.... if you ever find me on one of those just shoot me and put me out of my misery.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    All of it! Trick is to find an activity you enjoy and do it for life, but it can all be boring in one person's eye or another. TM is my tool of choice and while it can be boring, I use music, speed, (just starting to add a backpack with a little weight), incline to change it up. Sometimes I simply close my eyes(while holding on lol) and let my mind wander, check back a bit later and find I've finished my time. :)
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Zumba or any other dance class. I just can’t get into it as a workout. And I was a dancer/comp cheer...so, like, I should dig it but barf.

Now, tell me to run 4 hours? Aight. I’m in.