Losing the last five pounds

Hi everyone
I am happy to report that i have lost more weight since my last forum entry and on the last 5 lbs now!

I started at 175 lbs a year ago and now weigh 161 lbs. My goal is 155-157 lbs. I am 5'6 and 42 years old, on the big boned side.

I jog (intensely) 3 x a week for 30-35 minutes and use a food scale or measuring cup for most meals. I don't eat a lot of animal flesh but fish i like.

It has taken a looong time to shed the weight and at this point, i dont want to eat any less or commit to more frequent exercise sessions. This lifestyle is it for me.

I am wondering what i can do to reach my weight goal without making dramatic changes at this point and putting in too much effort.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    How much weight have you lost the past 6-8 weeks (if any) following your current plan?
  • joowelz
    joowelz Posts: 170 Member
    1-3 lbs
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    edited February 2020
    joowelz wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I am happy to report that i have lost more weight since my last forum entry and on the last 5 lbs now!

I started at 175 lbs a year ago and now weigh 161 lbs. My goal is 155-157 lbs. I am 5'6 and 42 years old, on the big boned side.

I jog (intensely) 3 x a week for 30-35 minutes and use a food scale or measuring cup for most meals. I don't eat a lot of animal flesh but fish i like.

It has taken a looong time to shed the weight and at this point, i dont want to eat any less or commit to more frequent exercise sessions. This lifestyle is it for me.

I am wondering what i can do to reach my weight goal without making dramatic changes at this point and putting in too much effort.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Congrats on your weight loss.

If you want to lose weight you have to either consume fewer calories, burn fewer calories or some combination of the 2, period. Based on the bolded it doesn't sound like you want to do that.

If you really want to lose the last 5 pounds you could increase your exercise. 3 minutes of jogging 3X a week is not much exercise. CDC recommends 150 minutes of aerobic exercise and 2 full body resistance training sessions for health a week, Doing that would take care of the last 5 pounds over time and improve health.

Good luck.