Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Whole grains are bad???

lifeovpilifeovpi Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
In this video a doctor tells us various health foods are actually bad and one that sticks out to me is whole grains and oats

I've seen a few of his videos and he basically tells you anything bread related is bad

Are whole grains really that bad for you? I always thought they were healthy

Replies

• gothchiqgothchiq Member Posts: 4,529 Member Member Posts: 4,529 Member
    Nah ignore this guy. If you are diabetic then you have to be very careful with any kind of bread, but if not.... ignore this guy.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 37,935 Member Member Posts: 37,935 Member
    lifeovpi wrote: »
    In this video a doctor tells us various health foods are actually bad and one that sticks out to me is whole grains and oats

I've seen a few of his videos and he basically tells you anything bread related is bad

Are whole grains really that bad for you? I always thought they were healthy

Nah...this guy is trying to sell keto books.
  • ladyreva78ladyreva78 Member Posts: 4,070 Member Member Posts: 4,070 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Blood sugar / insulin fearmongering at its worst.

What the hell kind of a doctor is that?

(Gave up somewhere around 3 minutes and a bit...)

ETA: if you're healthy/non diabetic you have nothing to fear from a blood sugar spike. The body regulates itself wonderfully and thanks you for that yummy oatmeal with energy for the whole day (at least it does in my case!)

Family medicine, keto proponent, and trying to sell books.

You made it further into that video than I did.

In my defense, I was stuck on the train and figured "I have nothing better to do". Even so I couldn't force myself through the whole thing. Watching the drunk lolling around on the seat across the isle from me was far far far more interesting (although I could have done without as well :neutral: )
  • unstableunicornunstableunicorn Member Posts: 197 Member Member Posts: 197 Member
    YouTube doctors are not legitimate doctors. If you see “You won’t believe [X]” anywhere (on or off YT), save yourself some time and unnecessary fear and move on.

Barring specific medical conditions, whole grains are good for you. Anyone who says otherwise is either uninformed or is trying to sell snake oil.
  • kbaconandeggs261kbaconandeggs261 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Some glucose is good for you. So too much of anything is bad. I don't think whole grains are terribly bad in an of themselves.
  • extra_mediumextra_medium Member Posts: 1,512 Member Member Posts: 1,512 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Nah ignore this guy. If you are diabetic then you have to be very careful with any kind of bread, but if not.... ignore this guy.

but he has a stethoscope around his neck and an expression that he looks like he practiced very hard in the mirror before making this video.