Who is doing OMAD or IF?

I love doing OMAD,
But when I open my fast I usually eat anything I want in one hour window. I find mostly I don't get hungry much and eat less calories. Are you doing OMAD or IF? Do you eat healthy food or anything? Please add me on my fitness pal if ur doing it and you do your diary every day

Replies

• JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Hi - I did OMAD for a while. I enjoyed it and was successful on it however after a while I started to just get really bloated before bed and did not like having that feeling. I have since switched to IF 16:8 and it is much better for me. I also ate my meal at night between generally 630-730.

When i did the OMAD it was all healthy and i stuck to a macro plan with lots of fiber and fruits and veggies. It was nice because I was doing probably 1700-1800 calories so that is a lot of food for one meal, especially when they are not really calorie dense foods. If it was not for the extreme stomach discomfort before bed, I would have continued it. Goodluck!
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    I’ve done IF for almost two years now. Recently I started OMAD. it’s been a month and I find it great. I don’t feel it’s an effort at all! Sometimes I go past my eating window. I eat between 4-5pm. I don’t like to go to bed too full. I did OMAD before and I would feel so tired after eating. Now I eat and have plenty of time to digest before bed. I eat keto for my OMAD. The hardest part is getting in all my calories.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I do 16:8 IF daily with a OMAD on special occasions (e.g., holidays, breakfast with husband/friends). On OMAD days, I do admit macros generally go out the window, though I maintain caloric goals. It's working so far... :smile:
  • mrsleilanie2020
    mrsleilanie2020 Posts: 11 Member
    I currently do OMAD and IF I need more help and motivation
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    I started IF lifestyle July 2019. I love it! I mainly do 16:8 or 18:6 but have done a few 21:3, 20:4. I’d like to work up to OMAD. I log in everyday and have an open diary. Feel free to add me.