If I bulk correctly, will I see gains on my legs? (Currently stuck with a lot of under butt fat)

Hi,

I'm currently 18% body fat with most of the fat on my inner legs and under my butt. I've been bulking for a month and I was wondering if it was even possible to see or feel any changes to my glutes whilst I'm bulking? Or would I have to cut to be able to notice a difference? I've been struggling with under butt fat for 1-2 years now although I've been strength training for a super long time (almost 5 years). I've been doing PPL for over a year and only just decided I'd do a clean bulk and see how it goes.

Please let me know if you've ever had under butt fat and whether you've been able to get rid of. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    When you say changes to your glutes, what do you mean? Typically when bulking if you are working the glutes progressively over time with a surplus you should see some gain in that area (which could be a mix between muscle and fat).

As far as any stubborn areas of fat unfortunately you cannot spot reduce so if it's stubborn it will be one of the last places to come off and if you are bulking these areas typically don't get better but worse with gain (temporarily). You can try to build the muscle in the area to help but there is really no guarantee it will improve when you cut down.

I have the same issue. That area is the absolute last to go for me. While I have improved it, unfortunately it still remains. Its funny when I compare a photo of post bulk and post cut that area looks the exact same. I've learned to accept it and focus on other things.