Workout shorts!

Options
I need some new shorts which are squat-proof, not really short but tight fitting for my oly lifts (so running shorts aren’t any good). All the booty shorts are brief and I’d rather not flash that much of my thighs in public. I’m in the UK - any recommendations?

Replies

• jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like the high waist shorts from Alo Yoga; they fit much like their leggings and capris. I have thick thighs and I do find the hem felt the tiniest bit tight. I've also been interested in the shorts from Girlfriend Collective since they come in several colors and there are matching bras available. Neither are particularly cheap options, though I didn't really see much from the more affordable brands when I was hunting for workout shorts.
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've torn the crack in my shorts a few times squatting, embarrassing.

Not sure about women's shorts but I wear Pacific Ocean fleece shorts now as they are both tight and flexible.
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is my go-to for well made and functional workout gear...

https://www.9for9.co.uk/collections/womens-shorts

They are a fantastic small supplier to deal with and stock items from Doughnuts & Deadlifts and Feed Me Fight Me ranges. This is if you want something a bit different (and squat proof, I've never had a problem with their stuff and the company owners are eager to please). I have the "Is that a donut in your pocket" shorts which are admired at the gym. :D
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    oedipuss wrote: »
    This is my go-to for well made and functional workout gear...

https://www.9for9.co.uk/collections/womens-shorts

They are a fantastic small supplier to deal with and stock items from Doughnuts & Deadlifts and Feed Me Fight Me ranges. This is if you want something a bit different (and squat proof, I've never had a problem with their stuff and the company owners are eager to please). I have the "Is that a donut in your pocket" shorts which are admired at the gym. :D

Oh that sounds brilliant! 🤣 going to check them out now
  • Siberian2590
    Siberian2590 Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • claireychn074
    Options

I love how that picture has the model in heels! Ideally I want shorts, I’ve got some great leggings but I’m just getting too hot with my metcon workouts.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Boy or girl? Wear tights.
  • mthwbrwn
    mthwbrwn Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, I would suggest checking out subsports.uk. I get them from Amazon but I always have to wait while longer since they ship from the UK.
    I have quite a few of their tops and tights. I think the tights (Sub Dual baselayer) are perfect for squats, deadlift, cycling (over padded shorts -- I'm not an animal) and BJJ

I won't drop a link here as I don't want to kick up the ire of UnderArmour (not a UK company --they just spell armor fancy-like)

I'm actually surprised that by asking about shorts, MFP didn't auto-fill your inbox with UA coupons.

Good luck
  • claireychn074
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

I’m a girl 😳 do I need to change my profile pic or something? Someone else disagreed on another post when I said I’m female 😭
  • jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    H&M do some longer tight fitting shorts in their activewear section. Longer than booty shorts but shorter than cycling shorts.
  • happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I need some new shorts which are squat-proof, not really short but tight fitting for my oly lifts (so running shorts aren’t any good). All the booty shorts are brief and I’d rather not flash that much of my thighs in public. I’m in the UK - any recommendations?

Cheap football shorts? (soccer)

I've never had any problems with squatting in those. Plus they're long enough to be decent and not long enough that your Snatch or Clean & Jerk will catch the hem and mess up your lift. I regularly practice Hang Snatches with no problem

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I have some Gaiam bike shorts which I like for squatting. Marika’s high waist shorts are also good if you don’t get really sweaty, but not so good for sweaty workouts.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

I’m a girl 😳 do I need to change my profile pic or something? Someone else disagreed on another post when I said I’m female 😭

Nah, looking pretty strong. Keep the profile pic!