Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New-ish to mfp

AhPanDuh
AhPanDuh Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,

My name is Amanda. I am 25 years old. I've been on and off mfp for a few years now, but starting at the beginning of 2020 I decided to use it full-time as a tool and guide for my lifestyle change.

My backstory:
I've been a rather active kid but my weight fluxuated a little bit, nothing too drastic.
When I got to high school, my weight shot up to 200 pounds. I got my answers to why once I went to the doctors. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
With medication, I continued to slowly lose weight throughout the next 5 years or so. (Without excersize nor dietary changes)
I got hired as an intern to a IT department at a company. There I didn't eat very much due to insecurities about eating in front of other people (which I had since middle school), I was busy and wasn't very hungry because of those reasons.
I had then joined a dojo class thingy that was 2 days a week. Combined with my little eating, I lost a lot of weight after a year. At the beginning of 2018, I had reached 168 pounds, the lowest I have been for years!
Soon after though, I had gotten married and, I know this is personal, I started the birth control shot, which was the most contributor to my current weight gain.
The shot had increased my appetite to the point I could not continue the way I was eating and I felt like I was starving myself. I also craved unhealthy foods as well.
Last time I weighed myself was in April 2019 and I weighed 228.
I decided 2020 I'm going to change my lifestyle so that it works for my current self (and will eventually change my birth control). It's been about a month and a half now and I'm still going strong.

My starting weight is at 248. This is the largest I've been my whole life. My body is still accommodating for my previous lifestyle and is still trying to adjust to the new lifestyle change, so I will not be discouraged!

I want to get to 140 pounds or roughly 10 pounds over, so I will need to lose 100 pounds.

I'm welcoming anyone that will want to go on this journey with me.

Replies