Appetite suppressant ?

Do they work?.. pills I mean. I know the off coffee keeps your hunger at bay but I really want to stop snacking..

Replies

• latifa175
    latifa175 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks everyone x
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Mints seems to work well for me. I find peppermint tea the most effective. I think it is because my appetite goes up when I am stressed, and peppermint tea calms me down and I also feel full.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Protein helps me. Also, hot liquids, like hot drinks and soups. Every once in a while I'll even have a mug of clear broth.

But mainly, it's creating a habit, and you just have to stay on task long enough to do that.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Sounds weird but a bone broth does the trick the sipping ones
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Sounds weird but a bone broth does the trick the sipping ones

Agree with you. I really like this one.

w766jzvc0ia6.png
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    53397aokqwqn.png
  • I lost 6 pounds last week. I have this horrible habit of getting up in the middle of the night, eating a full meal and going back to bed. This soup is so satisfying and comforting that as the pounds are melting off I’m sleeping better and not waking up for that full meal at 3-4 am. Try this soup it’s so good and great for weight loss
    Brandee’s tasty cabbage soup.
    I used 1 large can of beef broth for flavor but vegitable or chicken broth can be used plus 3 cans of water to boil in large pot added 1 large can of stewed tomatoes and just added what ever veggies I had to this cabbage soup.

Chop in bite sized squares :
    1 head purple cabbage
    3 -4 carrots
    1-2 zucchini’s
    1-2 summer squash
    1 lof each. sm yellow sm red onions
    Slice 3-4 celery stalks
    Mince a whole garlic
    Chop an entire bunch of cilantro (minus end stem ends)
    1 large or 2-3 small Monterey chili’s chopped
    Slice and de seed an entire lemon in wide slices. Squeeze and add entire lemon to pot. ( remove as you serve )
    Add all to boiling pot of I lg can beef broth + 3 cans water and a large can ( or 3 regular cans) of chopped stewed tomatoes.
    Seasonings=
    1 tablespoon vegetable salt
    2 teaspoon pepper

Boil until the last ingredient is added. Stir and turn heat down to low medium Let simmer for an hour. Enjoy.
    You can add salt if you feel it necessary or any seasoning you enjoy. 
    The lemon and cilantro gives this soup a mouth explosion with each bite. Delicious easy and 63 calories a cup. Makes a bunch, I even froze some.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,981 Member
    soup recipe sounds tasty.

for benifit of other readers, cilantro is what we in other places call coriander.

(something I didnt know prior to joining MFP)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    latifa175 wrote: »
    Do they work?.. pills I mean. I know the off coffee keeps your hunger at bay but I really want to stop snacking..

What are you snacking on and be honest please?
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    soup recipe sounds tasty.

for benifit of other readers, cilantro is what we in other places call coriander.

(something I didnt know prior to joining MFP)

You're 100% right, it's all the same plant, but usually the seeds are referred to as coriander and the green, leafy part is called cilantro. 😎

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,981 Member
    that depends where you live vaman - in Australia for example, it is only known as coriander, - whole discussion on this very point somewhere on MFP