Not new but...

Options
Hey everyone!! I'm not new to MFP or weight loss. BUT I've just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I m being treated and on top of it. I was thinking of following the keto diet? (Dr said it would be fine) But I'm not too familiar with it. I need to lose about 100 lbs. Anyone familiar with keto or advice would be appreciated.
Always looking for forends shoot me a request! Its hard to this alone!

Replies

• roserly
    roserly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It will be difficult at first but after the first couple weeks (give or take) it gets much easier. Take it a day at a time but try to plan your meals. Don't keep your favorite 'bad foods' around you.

Basically just track your macros in MFP. Scan labels and measure food as normal but make sure it all adds up to under 20g net carbs per day.

I'm unsure how popular/unpopular keto is on the threads here as I never come here, but I'm just going to say it: Eat higher fat for the first few weeks until your body is under your control/not as hungry.

If this way of eating doesn't work for you, try upping your protein or fat or both. Don't try to keep a deficit for the first couple weeks. Just eat when you're hungry as long as it's under 20g net carbs per day.

I'm unsure what foods you like or allergies, but easy beginning meals are eggs and bacon, bunless burgers with cheese. (Read labels for carbs on condiments.) Chicken sauteed in butter or hollandaise sauce. Tuna salad on low carb tortillas, meatballs with no breadcrumbs, egg salad, etc. Add fat to lean meats. Also, green vegetables. Brussel sprouts, spinach, spinach, spinach with butter or cheese or both. Lol there's more but I just love spinach and it's so easy to make from frozen.

You'll probably be eating the same meals a lot at first, but once you know your way around the carbs, you will become more creative with it and there's a lot of recipes online.

Last but not least, it's about progress. If you're not seeing progress and you're doing everything right, try something else! But I'm going to bet you will find success with this way of eating. :) If you want you can add me - I keep my diary public if you want ideas.

Good luck!
  • FlySuperWhoLock
    FlySuperWhoLock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. That was so helpful! Can you shoot me.a friend request please.