Nature’s Own - Whole Grain Bread?

Options
Does anybody eat this kind of bread? It seems it would be beneficial for whole grain intake unless I’m wrong here?
b4ewdm3k6dtn.jpeg

Replies

• VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good nutrition choice, but their 100% whole wheat was pretty dry. Give this a try and let us know what you think!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lots of things are labeled whole grain. I look at a breads fiber and protein counts. I don't expect much protein, but whole wheat is going to have some.

Bread is just one of many foods you will eat during the day. If you have a varied diet, and enough calories to work with, you should be able to cover most things, most days.

Focus on macronutrients first - protein, fat, and carbs. Once you get the hang of things, then look to micronutrients.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    I use their "Life Honey Wheat" 40 calorie bread. It's...ummm...acceptable as a conveyance for anything else that might be on it.

I try not to be as insanely bread-crazy as I've been in the past.

We had an airbnb next to a bakery in Germany for most the month of December, and I came a bit unglued.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I have eaten this brand. It’s pretty good. The main thing I look at when buying bread is fiber and calories per serving.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I eat nature's own sometimes, but its usually the whole wheat, not whole grains. However I don't think one is any better than the other nutrition wise, it's a taste thing for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own is our compromise bread brand - I am more earthy-crunch, he is less :smiley:

I tend to not think about whole grains that much but rather just focus on meeting my fiber target.

For those who are more focused on whole grains, this may be of interest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_grain
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread had a much better taste and lots of whole grains/seeds. In the Nature's Own, I prefer the Honey Wheat.. the other one is kind of blah to me.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    we have the no added sugar one in my house..husband is diabetic..its a compromise.. we like it well enough.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dave's Killer Bread...lots of grains and seeds and whatnot...it's delicious. Nature's own isn't a bad nutritional choice, I just think it's kind of boring.
  • thatsmejb
    thatsmejb Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    Dave's Killer Bread had a much better taste and lots of whole grains/seeds. In the Nature's Own, I prefer the Honey Wheat.. the other one is kind of blah to me.

Agreed, Dave's Killer Bread is soooo much better!!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I like Dave's Killer Bread too, and feel better about eating it, but it's normally around $5 here whereas NO is $2 when on sale and up to $2.89 when not.