Bandage tape.

mommabear4315
mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
I have two wounds that I need to change the dressing on twice a day. I’ve gone through all different types of bandage tape but they I can’t seem to find one that won’t tear my skin or irritate it. Anyone have any suggestions? My skin will appreciate you.

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    I thought I read bondage tape 🤦‍♀️
  • mommabear4315
    I thought I read bondage tape 🤦‍♀️

Yeah I had to proof read it 3 times to make sure I hadn’t put that. You know you can never trust spell check lmao!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2020
    Maybe try to find some with no latex in it? Also... if you or anyone in your home have a flovent puffer at home you can spray some on your skin before putting the tape. The steroids in it will help with redness and itching.
  • mommabear4315
    Maybe try to find some with no latex in it? Also... if you or anyone in your home have a flovent puffer at home you can spray some on your skin before putting the tape.

I have saline wash and cleanser followed by cream. Still my skin breaks. :cry:
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    You might try foam tape - I found it less irritating than regular bandage tape.
  • mommabear4315
    RAinWA wrote: »
    You might try foam tape - I found it less irritating than regular bandage tape.

I’ll look into it.