Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
I was recently given a copy of this diet and was thinking of giving it a try when I get a little leaner as a way to help get to my leanest goal BF% before starting a bulk cycle. I've followed advice on Lyle's website before and found it all to be very helpful and scientifically based.

However, I just wanted to get some opinions on this diet beforehand. What are the pros, cons, evils, etc. of this program? Have you ever done it, and *if you stuck to it the way it is written,* what were your results like?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    OK, guess I will just do it myself and see how it goes. :flowerforyou:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've read pretty much everyone of Lyle's articles but not any of his books. What's the basic idea of the diet? Low calories, high protein?
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I've read pretty much everyone of Lyle's articles but not any of his books. What's the basic idea of the diet? Low calories, high protein?

It is basically a highly specialized cyclical type diet with some low cal days and then other high...and I mean higher than I'm used to...cal days coupled with some intense training in an effort to get really lean. It's hard for me to explain better than that without just copying parts of his book, lol.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
  • alexstosic
    alexstosic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's basically carb cycling, not new for me since I got the best results with CKD.

I love low carb but I've found it hard to gain weight on low carb only without packing some fat (see my august-september diary)

I'm currently in it and so far not much good,
    I've read comment like, "fat melts away" but I don't seem to be the case.
    Thruth to be told, I'm a little off scope for the diet that is suggested bw 10/15% body fat but since I appear to be 16%....

weight is down 2Kg in one month, as predicted by meticolous calculation but my whitings scale does not seems to think fat loss is culprit.

The book is crazy detailed, and worth a reading.
    Did you tried?
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just like any other good program you have to follow it. I have done a few week cycles and I love it. The part I like is that it goes with my taste for food. I love hi protein hi fat diet, like cheese, cream, butter, burgers, filet mignon. I am not much into breads or pastas. I have lowered my body fat by 3% so far and have not lost weight. UD2 might not be for every one, but it works for me.